• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pais Vasco Stage 3: Villatuerta to Zuia, 180 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Pistolero said:
No second sentence. Just found it weird you were using "their" as I totally forgot he was German and thought he was Dutchie.

Germany's biggest one day race talent right now seems to be Degenkolb by the way.

Or Gerald Ciolek :rolleyes:
Timmy-loves-Rabo said Martens is Germany's biggest one day race talent, not me. Although I think I agree, as far as hilly races are concerned.

luckyboy said:
Surely whoever has the highest average position is higher up in the points ranking.

You would think so, especially as they have finished realtively high up on every stage. However, there isnt a simple progression with the points. First gets 25 points, second gets 20, third gets 15, fifth gets 12 and 15th gets one. hence someone could finish first and 15th, averaging 8th, and receive 26 points, while someone finishing 5th and 5th, averaging 5th receives just 24 points.

Whatever, J Rod is ahead in the points classification too.

In Sky's review of the stage Sean yates wonders how Horner and Kloden will respond to being rivals for the overall. If Horner attacks tomorrow then what does Kloden do? I suppose normal procedure would be to cover attacks and only chase if he is doing so by himself. Given the closeness of the GC i would think that lots of people would attack tomorrow and try to break things up so he may be able to get away with just sitting on Sanchez's wheel.

Frosty said:
Finishing higher up, they are on the same time so positions sort it out, not sure if it is average finishing position or where they stand in the points classification.

The final arrival position has given him more points in "Regularidad-Points" (I think the same happened yesterday but the other way round).

If time and points are tied, they look at average finishing position (or so EITB said yesterday).

I'm new to this forum, so please welcome me and try not to be hard a few days.
BTW, Vino speaks Itanish. I heard "gamba", "gara", "oggi",... but I like when people make an effort to speak a second (or third) language. This is a clue, English is not my native language.

lejarreta said:
The final arrival position has given him more points in "Regularidad-Points" (I think the same happened yesterday but the other way round).

If time and points are tied, they look at average finishing position (or so EITB said yesterday).

I'm new to this forum, so please welcome me and try not to be hard a few days.
BTW, Vino speaks Itanish. I heard "gamba", "gara", "oggi",... but I like when people make an effort to speak a second (or third) language. This is a clue, English is not my native language.

from your name your first language seems to be spanish :p

welcome to this little place of ours

Let's remember, Klöden took the jersey from J-Rod on the same basis.

Everybody remember Tirreno-Adriatico 2010? Where Garzelli won the bonus seconds that meant he got the GC that Scarponi was holding based on coming further up the péloton in flat stages?

That's what's happened. They've averaged out the finishing positions of each day. So Rodríguez held the jersey by virtue of his stage win, then Klöden took it off him by virtue of two stage podiums, but Klödi was only 19th today, while J-Rod managed another top 10, so J-Rod's average finishing position is higher and he gets the jersey back.

maltiv said:
You forgot the most important one!

15. Lars Petter Nordhaug
And that was your thousand post!

fireworks.jpg

CatsNK said:
For anyone who wants to watch the replay, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/worldcyclingchannel3

Albeit in Spanish.

That was a typical Vino win. Very impressive and he looks to get ready for the Ardennes classics.
Allthough I think Rabo failed when they have 2 guys in the bunch behind it that ended up on the 2nd and 3rd spot. If you know that you have Freire in the bunch then put Lulu and Martens up front and try to reel Vino back in. And not some tiny skinny guy from Euskaltel.

Kwibus said:
That was a typical Vino win. Very impressive and he looks to get ready for the Ardennes classics.
Allthough I think Rabo failed when they have 2 guys in the bunch behind it that ended up on the 2nd and 3rd spot. If you know that you have Freire in the bunch then put Lulu and Martens up front and try to reel Vino back in. And not some tiny skinny guy from Euskaltel.
They're no robots. Those final kms weren't very good for an organized chase. And what about Lampre? They'd been pulling on the front a lot more than Rabo.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
didn't see it today but heard an amazing duarte and vino, can't be happier then _O_

also fun to see people writing him off earlier this season already. I remember same thing happened when he came back from suspension and also last year in first 2 months

TRENDING THREADS