• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paolini positive for cocaine

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
the sceptic said:
I don't get what's so strange? other than using coke in the middle of a GT I guess.
It's a strange case, because it could have been OOC use which is allowed, but he will get banned anyway because the testers only got around to testing him during the TDF. There is no evidence he used it during the race.

This.

What is strange? He tested positive obviously with an in comp test...whether it was still in his system before the race started, day before, then got tested after the TT Stage 1 and showed in his system, then it is considered doping. OOC, OK..but if there are traces still..that is doping.

That statement is bizarre and makes no sense...so why don't we then just allow EPO OOC, as long as they aren't taking it during the test and it can't be traced/tested during a race...must be OK huh?

Now I know why the guy has endless energy....coke...

but....
giphy.gif

:D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
how is cocaine performance enhancing?
you have maybe a couple of hours of euphoria, but then you start feeling really darn crappy.
using it daily, i don't see that enhancing your performance either. rather the contrary.

can cocaine be used to mask something else?

TRENDING THREADS