• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paolini positive for cocaine

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

sniper said:
how is cocaine performance enhancing?
you have maybe a couple of hours of euphoria, but then you start feeling really darn crappy.
using it daily, i don't see that enhancing your performance either. rather the contrary.

can cocaine be used to mask something else?
Central stimulant, analgesic...

To the bold - yeah, Luca knows it now.

FWIW someone on another forum just posted that an anonymous ex-Quick Step rider testified that a large group of Quick Step riders held coke parties. Hadn't heard about it before, but thought it was interesting. The rider is rumored to be Dimitri de Fauw, who committed suicide.

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
The cyclingnews story on the positive says that it could stay in the system from four to ten days

I think cocaine can also be found in hair analysis for anything up to 3 months.

Not sure if the UCI test this way or not, or indeed the thresholds that testing this way can pick up. But you can be collared this way, too.

Such a shame really. I'm absolutely certain this was his one and only time ever trying the drug. It's so unfortunate that the one time he strayed from the straight and narrow he was tested.

But I hold out hope that the 'B' sample will come back negative and he'll be able to save his currently besmirched name.