• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paolo Savoldelli?

As I said in the other threads, he still had decent results in the Giro (5th, then 12th, then 15th) in his last three years. He was declining, but I do not know if this related to doping (or absence of). Maybe he was just being worn out?

ThisFrenchGuy said:
As I said in the other threads, he still had decent results in the Giro (5th, then 12th, then 15th) in his last three years. He was declining, but I do not know if this related to doping (or absence of). Maybe he was just being worn out?
Somehow i had the feeling he was less motivated the last couple of years. He didn't look as a great help for Armstrong as well, i think i remember him giving up working for LA in TDF 05 quite early in the mountain stages. He wasn't a Heras, Azevedo or Landis who could stay with LA very long in some tours.

"Il Falco" had some great results in his career though, 2 giro wins, as well as 2nd, 5th, 9th overall and a stage victory in the TDF.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't he a client of Dr Cecchini or was that Dr Ferrari? I know he went to one of them. So all I ask is that if your going to deliver the bad news to me, do it gently, I have his poster on my wall climbing the Colle della Finestre in the 2005 Giro and I loved watching him desend down the mountains.

He's probably working with his old man on a building site somewhere in Bergamo.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Wasn't he a client of Dr Cecchini or was that Dr Ferrari? I know he went to one of them. So all I ask is that if your going to deliver the bad news to me, do it gently, I have his poster on my wall climbing the Colle della Finestre in the 2005 Giro and I loved watching him desend down the mountains.

He's probably working with his old man on a building site somewhere in Bergamo.

Yeah, but maybe he commutes to work in bicicletta.:D

TRENDING THREADS