• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Robbie McEwen tonight became a father for the third time. Sophie Claudia McEwen is the name of the little one. McEwen is already dad of Ewan (8) and Elena (4).
Robbie McEwen twittered late last night that the contractions had started with his wife and they were on their way to the hospital. A few hours later, he indicated that it would be a long night and he called his wife "a real champion."

The redeeming news came over at 11 am this morning. "It's a girl! Please welcome Sophie Claudia McEwen. Born on June 9, at 10:38. 3.2kg, 47cm. Mum and baby are doing fine, "due to spurtbom at Twitter.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
When he brings them all back to Australia will they be ilegal imigrants.
I hope this is not an excuse to whimp at Switzerland.
Robbie get your head down Bum up and do something the kids will be proud of.
show em no mercy

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
proud father of twins

Kim Kirchen heads back to the hospital for a happy occasion

Kirchen's release from the Central Hospital in Luxembourg this week was quickly followed-up by even better news when his wife Caroline gave birth to twins Liam and Mika on Thursday, according to Wort.

Interestingly, Kirchen was one of the first visitors to check in on Frank Schleck Wednesday night following the Saxo Bank leader's collarbone surgery, who is also a recent father.

Report: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4812/Kim-Kirchen-released-from-hospital-following-cardiac-arrest-proud-father-of-twins.aspx

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Maxime Monfort became a daddy today ... it must have given him and HTC special powers ...

media_xl_3790882.jpg

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Uffff so everybody having childrens =D

Congrats to them!!! I'm pretty sure that gave special powers to Monfort cuz the was at the front of the peloton for a lot of time with Sivtsov =D and McEwen finished 4th in the sprint =D that number is becoming a tradition for him though =D

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Nick Nuyens (Rabobank) became a daddy for the second time. His wife and ex-cyclist Evy Van Damme has given birth to a son and is named Storm. The two already have a child of 1.5 years old, Star.

With the birth of his second child receives the 30-year-old cyclist at last some good news. Last week, the manager of Rabobank did let Nick know that there will be no new contract for him for next year.

www.GVA.be

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Nick Nuyens (Rabobank) became a daddy for the second time. His wife and ex-cyclist Evy Van Damme has given birth to a son and is named Storm. The two already have a child of 1.5 years old, Star.

With the birth of his second child receives the 30-year-old cyclist at last some good news. Last week, the manager of Rabobank did let Nick know that there will be no new contract for him for next year.

www.GVA.be

LAD that is all

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Amazing victory by Damiano Cunego: on 30 July at 0,15 am , Lampre-Farnese Vini's cyclist became father for the second time.
In Verona his wife Margherita gave birth to Cristian, a male of 3,4 kg of weight: mother and son are in perfect health condition.
Cunego was reached by the news while he was with the team in San Sebastian, where on Saturday he'll take part in Clasica San Sebastian: "The waiting has been hard, but now I'm very happy. I'm far away from Margherita, my first daughter Ludovica and my son Cristian, but I'm in contact with them by phone. It will be great to race on Saturday with the joy in my heart, I'm sure I'll perform a great competition".

Galbusera family, Giuseppe Saronni and the whole team Lampre-Farnese Vini congratulates Damiano Cunego, his wife Margherita and the daughter Ludovica for the birth of Cristian, wishing a happy future. (Tuttobiciweb)

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Also Mauricio Soler (Geox?) and his wife Patty had their first baby yesterday. The child is named after a famous Colombian climber.
But the name has not been made public yet.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Giving the first son the same name as the father is something that can be found in many cultures, even more in years gone by. And before Napoleon made us pick proper surnames, "Jimmy" would be known locally as "Jimmy, son of Jimmy", to make things ueber clear to the guys on the village green that you weren't talking about "Jimmy". Who had been, of course, also "a son of Jimmy" in his days.

So there are plenty "Jimmy McJimmy" "Jimmy O'Jimmy" "Jimmy Jimmyson" "Jimmy Jimmyszoon", etc, to be found all over Europe.

It's a habit that is dying out, now you pick something "unique" that even the hippies in the 60s were too sane for. But people don't always realize how far back these same-name-as-the-father lines can go if you "keep the habit".

My parents unbeknownst to them revived a family tradition as a technical two fingers up to the Roman Church, when they picked my granddad's name. But I was stunned to see that family name in a straight line all the way back throughout the official Dutch records, to around 1600. There is something nice about that.

And congrats to the McEwens.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Top ranked Purito

Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) became a father for the second time around. This morning Elsa Rodríguez (3150 g) saw the world. The baby and mother are both doing good.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
At 36 Matteo Tosatto (Quick Step) is a father for the first time. His wife, Elisa gave birth to a baby Emma. Congratulations to the happy parents and their little
little.gif

(Velo club)

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
AFP | Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 13H25

Burnt-out clyclist Ullrich to become father again

just weeks after being diagnosed as suffering from burn-out and denying he has an alcohol problem.

The 36-year-old and his wife Sara are expecting a second child to join their three-year-old son Max.

"Yes, we are expecting our second baby," Ullrich told Bild on Sunday.

"We do not want to know what it will be. We don't know if it is a boy of a girl, the main thing is that the child is healthy."

This will be Ullrich's third child having already had a seven-year-old daughter with his ex-girlfriend.

Source: http://www.france24.com/en/20100829-burnt-out-clyclist-ullrich-become-father-again

Not yet, but still cause it's Jan, he get's a pre-nub/notice ! To be continued ....

TRENDING THREADS