• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris–Tours 7 Oct 211 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Velolover2 said:
Red Rick said:
Velolover2 said:
Wow the parcours are nice. Make the race a bit longer and we have a reborn 6th monument.
Make it 240, slap WT on it. Job done. Emilia and MT should also be WT, juice that week up.
100% agree. The spring calender is too heavy compared to the amount of autumn classics in the World Tour.
Spring isn't necessarily too heavy, but nobody starts a season planning to peak in the last races of the season. Ofcourse riders are gonna be tired, but I tend to think that Lombardia and the Worlds often aren't quite enough to keep the season interesting. That's why you need to incentivize those slightly lesser races. One day races are THE perfect format for late season.

Unprofessional race and behaviour by Terpstra. I'm sorry to say that I'm happy to see him lose, but even happier to see Kragh win! Great race, but I felt that I had to get used to this new Paris-Tours with the gravel roads and all. Considering the entertainment we got today, I think this will be easy.

1 Søren Kragh Andersen (Sunweb) 4:37:55
2 Niki Terpstra (Quick-Step Floors) +0:25
3 Benoît Cosnefroy (AG2R La Mondiale) +0:25
4 Oliver Naesen (AG2R La Mondiale) +1:14
5 Valentin Madouas (Groupama-FDJ) +1:14
6 Tiesj Benoot (Lotto Soudal) +1:14
7 Sep Vanmarcke (Education First-Drapac) +1:14
8 Philippe Gilbert (Quick-Step Floors) +1:14
9 Taco van der Hoorn (Roompot-Nederlandse Loterij) +1:24
10 Jos van Emden (LottoNL-Jumbo) +1:24

A very powerful top 10.

The young and danish classic men are going to have a great year next year. I have always thought that Kragh is the most talented out of those due to his versatility, but Valgren has surprised me a bit and Pedersen has the best and most old school mindset about cycling which also will get him very far (especially in Flanders and Roubaix, the long races). Very nice to follow these riders atm.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
The young and danish classic men are going to have a great year next year. I have always thought that Kragh is the most talented out of those due to his versatility, but Valgren has surprised me a bit and Pedersen has the best and most old school mindset about cycling which also will get him very far (especially in Flanders and Roubaix, the long races). Very nice to follow these riders atm.

Yeah. It's been pretty fun being a Danish cycling fan this year! :D

One thing I personally found kind of funny about Kragh's attack was the fact that he didn't use the fact that the other two were arguing in one side of the road to sneakily attack in the other side.
He literally went right between them!

I think Terpstra was overreacting to Cosnefroy. The guy had bridged up to the break, but had his team leader chasing behind. Ok, they were unlikely to come back, but that doesn't mean he's obliged to work now. But I wouldn't call Terpstra a disgrace, he's also entitled to be upset that there's a passenger along in the break.

I think Kragh would've won that race no matter who did or didn't work in the trio, he was clearly the strongest on the day.

An entertaining race, but as I said before, while P-T is constantly struggling for its identity, it will struggle for recognition as a true classic, and this was a completely different race to what we saw in recent years; and we have had good racing in recent years. Even the long finish straight was shorter this year.