• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2012: Stage 2 Mantes-la-Jolie - Orléans (185 km)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Valverde was not riding last year, ive made a mistake saying "last year". And yes, i was talking about stage races, i remember what Gilbert did :)

May 2, 2011
Visit site
News just in: in an interview Rojas said he developed a phobia of the top step of the podium so in today's sprint he touched the brakes to let Boonen through.

I have to say that Valverde's come back from a doping ban has been the most impressive I've seen so far, compared to other come backs.
I guess this year is going to be another Boonen vs Cancellara duel in the classics, I can't wait!

El Pistolero said:
Yes, clearly that's what I'm saying :rolleyes:

I'm saying he didn't ride last year. I quote "f.e from last year".
Oh God, someone forgot to mention Gilbert... clearly he's talking about stage racers, Pisti.
Then why did he mention Valverde lol?
What you said and what you meant don't need to be synonymous. The "then" in the above post implies you have a problem with the inclusion of Valverde, not solely on the grounds of the "last year" bit, but also on the grounds that he's not a stage racer.

If that's not what you meant, then, well, word things more carefully.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
FF'Wilco said:
Yes, Valverde was not riding last year, ive made a mistake saying "last year". And yes, i was talking about stage races, i remember what Gilbert did :)

No biggie, I was just asking an innocent question that apparently upset theyoungest :p

The SPLIT

531449177.jpg

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Spartacus was rather mediocre in the Tour and Vuelta. Due to illness or so I've heard.

In the tour he may have been but in the vuelta he was fine and he was instrumental in trying to lead out Bennatti and was quite awesome at it, his TT perfomance though was admittedly for some reason quite disappointing.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Not I. With the form he's shown I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out early completely.

Well, if he does that, then I will say he's got no chance in hell to even top-3 in TDF this year.
But something tells me the hog won't let him

Fetisoff said:
Well, if he does that, then I will say he's got no chance in hell to even top-3 in TDF this year.
But something tells me the hog won't let him

Not that he's HWINTBN, but a certain rider on a Bruyneel team once started Paris-Nice, had a bad prologue, a disappointing 2nd stage and was soon on a jet to warmer climates.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Stingray34 said:
Zero Greenedge in front group; 3 GE's @ 2.29. Rest in laughing group. Hmmmm

Andy's rubbish. As usual. It isn't July. I'll do a nudey run if he's even close to the front on the stage to Mende.

Wiggins is too strong too early. My feeling is, and I realise it's worth not a drachma, that if he wants to win in July, he needs to build up more slowly. His powder is visibly damp. I can't see him losing this race, but so what?

Hope Nuyens can recover in time for Flanders. Saxo really needs this guy.

Good on you Tommeke.

Too windy. Too wet.

Great win by Boonen. He delivered the perfect riposte to Cancellara.

Wiggins and all the other favourites who made the gap did well. I hope TJVG will finish in the top 3.

Monfort was not mentioned in the CN article of the race results but he did well and will also challenge.

Just saw the highlights. Epic stuff. Some cracking rides in challenging conditions. Race to the Sun eh;) You could almost hear Sean Kelly purring during commentary:D

Have to say Wiggins is looking ever more comfortable pulling on those yellow/gold jerseys.