• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2012: Stage 2 Mantes-la-Jolie - Orléans (185 km)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Paris-Nice 2012: Stage 2 Mantes-la-Jolie - Orléans (185 km)

profile:
PROFIL.gif

last km's:
PROFILKMS.gif

map:
CARTE.gif

top 10 general:

1. LARSSON Gustav VACANSOLEIL-DCM 0:11:19
2. WIGGINS Bradley SKY PROCYCLING 0:00:01
3. LEIPHEIMER Levi OMEGA PHARMA-QUICK STEP 0:00:04
4. VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC RACING TEAM 0:00:09
5. DE GENDT Thomas VACANSOLEIL-DCM 0:00:12
6. CHAVANEL Sylvain OMEGA PHARMA-QUICK STEP 0:00:12
7. TAARAMAE Rein COFIDIS LE CREDIT EN LIGNE 0:00:13
8. IRIZAR Markel RADIOSHACK-NISSAN 0:00:13
9. PAURIOL Rémi FDJ-BIGMAT 0:00:15
10. COPPEL Jérôme SAUR-SOJASUN 0:00:15

Favourities for today:

Anthony Ravard, Francesco Gavazzi, Jacopo Guarnieri, Thor Hushovd, Samuel Dumoulin, Sebastien Chavanel, Yahueni Hutarovich, Heinrich Haussler, Leigh Howard, Alexander Kristoff, Grega Bole, Elia Viviani, Greg Henderson, José Joaquín Rojas, Tom Boonen, John Degenkolb, Marcel Kittel, Mark Renshaw, Romain Feillu, Kris Boeckmans, Aidis Kroupis.

FF'Wilco said:
Favourities for today:

Anthony Ravard, Francesco Gavazzi, Jacopo Guarnieri, Thor Hushovd, Samuel Dumoulin, Sebastien Chavanel, Yahueni Hutarovich, Heinrich Haussler, Leigh Howard, Alexander Kristoff, Grega Bole, Elia Viviani, Greg Henderson, José Joaquín Rojas, Tom Boonen, John Degenkolb, Marcel Kittel, Mark Renshaw, Romain Feillu, Kris Boeckmans, Aidis Kroupis.

The sprinter of Lampre I think will be Pietropolli and not Gavazzi or Bole
and I'm interesting to see who will do the sprint for Vacansoleil (Feillu or Boeckmans) and for GreenEdge (I think Kruopis, but there are also Howard and Keukeleire)

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Can't see past Kittel for today with Hutarovich and Viviani to complete today's podium.
But I hope for a windy stage, could be very interesting in that case with some nice splits in the peloton.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
and I'm interesting to see who will do the sprint for Vacansoleil (Feillu or Boeckmans) and for GreenEdge (I think Kruopis, but there are also Howard and Keukeleire)

I don't really think of Pietropolli as a sprinter, surely Bole is the fastest of the three in a big bunch finish?

Anyway, Kittel, Viviani and Hutarovich have all been great this year, but my dark horse is Henderson.

My CQ team is rooting for the New Zealander, or a Degenkolb victory somehow.

Hugo Koblet said:
Gavazzi doesn't ride for Lampre

Very good point.

TeoSheva said:

Gavazzi doesn't ride for Lampre who probably won't even compete in the sprint. Feillu will probably be the man for Vacansoleil - after all he's on home soil and did OK last year against stronger opposition. I think Kruopis for GE as well, but I would like if they gave Howard a chance.

how is weather? rain? wet?

usually crosswinds are in the first 2 stages of P-N, also crashes, this is like a small TdF so we have everything is there including surprises in flat stages.

I wish a bit of wind today...

Hugo Koblet said:
Gavazzi doesn't ride for Lampre who probably won't even compete in the sprint. Feillu will probably be the man for Vacansoleil - after all he's on home soil and did OK last year against stronger opposition. I think Kruopis for GE as well, but I would like if they gave Howard a chance.

Boeckmans has great form though he was pretty amazing in Samyn with some attacks and still finishing 2nd in the sprint (in which he went a bit to early :p).