• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2012 - Stage 6: Suze-la-Rousse - Sisteron, 178.5 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Haha paul and bob roll were talking up Jens Voigt the whole race. They talked about how Jens would be favored in a sprint against Lulu sanchez, and how lulu wasn't quick at all. I think pretty much 9 times out of 10 luis leon sanchez beats voigt in a sprint. Sanchez is probably one of the fastest sprinters out of the puncheur/climbers.

Swede1 said:
Haha paul and bob roll were talking up Jens Voigt the whole race. They talked about how Jens would be favored in a sprint against Lulu sanchez, and how lulu wasn't quick at all. I think pretty much 9 times out of 10 luis leon sanchez beats voigt in a sprint. Sanchez is probably one of the fastest sprinters out of the puncheur/climbers.

****ing hell. What a difference it can be. Rolf Sorensen, commentator on danish national tv - not eurosport - couldn't state enough how Jens had to make it hard for Lulu on the small hill since he would get beaten 10 out 10 times. We all knew this fact (bar the two clowns) but he is in general a brilliant commentator. Absolutely brilliant. I'm always a bit uncomprehending about the hate for flat stages in here sometimes. When I've seen an interesting stage others have been bored to death. But if I had to listen to those two bellends in 6 hours I'd go mental as well. So important that the commentators are just a tiny bit inspirational isn't it.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
****ing hell. What a difference it can be. Rolf Sorensen, commentator on danish national tv - not eurosport - couldn't state enough how Jens had to make it hard for Lulu on the small hill since he would get beaten 10 out 10 times. We all knew this fact (bar the two clowns) but he is in general a brilliant commentator. Absolutely brilliant. I'm always a bit uncomprehending about the hate for flat stages in here sometimes. When I've seen an interesting stage others have been bored to death. But if I had to listen to those two bellends in 6 hours I'd go mental as well. So important that the commentators are just a tiny bit inspirational isn't it.

Flat stages are just boring unless there's echelons. I really love echelon style racing. Only the best survive there instead of some crappy sprinter who's only in the wind for the final 200 meter.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:

Haha yeah phil and paul and bob roll dont really have the best cycling knowledge. They are at least excited by the racing, but just miss that important bit about knowing the different riders.

greenedge said:
This stage screams Haussler but it also does for Boonen so therefore Boonen.
I would love if Cunego attacked ( maybe accompanied by a certain GVA ).
At least the break went well/ the Marquais played a role in that break.

Poor Haussler- so close in quite a few races. Nice work by LLS against a great Jens Voigt.