• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2020, March 8 - March 15

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can't believe that the authorities would give such guaranties, but I think there are some plans in case of positive cases. Don't know if they would cancel immediately.
Here in Munic there 65.000 thousand people in the football arena and people are squezed in the underground. That's way more risky then an outdoor cycling race.
It's a pity for Pogacar. Really bad luck.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It was probably necessary in order to connect with any group.
Even with it he ended 15 minutes behind.
Riding alone in that weather would've been devastating.

Didn't see it coming although was pretty flagrant.
It was really flagrant. Considering how badly he'd been banged up in the crash, I thought maybe the race committee might just penalize him some time but let him stay in. I guess they ruled by the book. Too bad for Warren.

I know, he disappointed me in Algarve. But this TT seems more comparable to the one in Itzulia last year where he obliterated the opposition.
It's a 15k ITT. I think he stands to lose a lot more on the MTF, than what he can gain in the ITT. It's not only coming from the "true" climbers like Pinot and Quintana, but also from guys like Alaphilippe and Teuns, who can stand their own in an ITT as much as Schachmann.

Nizzolo was in the group of mostly climbers and classics riders.

Fairly resistant sprinter. Maybe he should consider the cobbled classics as a target in the future?
He's been targetting cobbled classics, among other races, since at least 2016. With a few good results too (2nd in KBK just one week ago, top10 in Dwars and De Panne in previous years, 11th in Gent-Wevelgem once).

I'm more surprised Cees Bol made it with the top group yesterday.

There was one point where he was about to get in the team car and he kicked off at the camera moto been there. So he put his cycle computer back on and set off again. Very bizarre.
Yes, I saw that. It seemed like he didn't want to give up so publicly and was "shamed" into carrying on. Poor guy was just so out of it.
Great stage though, more of the same please. Fingers crossed the race carries on all week.

Reactions: MartinGT

TRENDING THREADS