• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice 2020, March 8 - March 15

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I suspect the profile is tougher than what it seems and no surprise to see GC contenders lose time in the first few stages, especially if hit by cross winds. Quintana is the overwhelming favorite if he's kept his shape from last month.

You're forgetting that Pogacar is still sitting at a hotel in UAE in quarantine. He hasn't been able to train since the last two stages of UAE Tour were cancelled. If he even makes it to the race, I wouldn't expect much from him.
I can't Imagine him sitting in his room for a week, and the team not giving him a bike and rollers to train in his room. Obviously it's still not the same but it should go a long way towards maintaining an already good form.

In Slovenian newspaper Delo (e-edition) 1 hour ago: Pogacar is not going to P-N (source Andrej Hauptman UAE sport director)
That's too bad. But better safe than sorry, especially as the big unknown is whether any rider actually has the virus. The WT riders in general are pretty susceptible to infections and viruses.

As for the route, I've ridden around the Stage 6 area and it's pretty punchy. Also looking forward as a Parisian cyclists to Stage 1/2, just for the scenery. Overall it looks like if the weather is decent -- and it's been a winter-less winter so far -- the route wont offer too many knockout opportunities.

I can't Imagine him sitting in his room for a week, and the team not giving him a bike and rollers to train in his room. Obviously it's still not the same but it should go a long way towards maintaining an already good form.

If they are in as strict of a quarantine as Cofidis and the teams on the 4th floor they can't get their bikes. I've seen a few comments from riders on the 4th floor saying they can't get the bikes to them. Not sure what the UAE situation is though.

TRENDING THREADS