• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2022 (03/06 - 03/13)

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

Simon Yates must be the most random cyclist in the peloton.
In his day he can be very good TTer and the best climber.. When he is off, he can be terrible. Thing is you never know who is gonna show.

About Jumbo, completely expected performance 1-2 was pretty much locked for WVA and Roglic an Denis seemed to save himself (??) for the TT.
Sure it could tell you what it is but it still doesn’t mean you know what you get. It could sound amazing but actually taste awful and nothing like it sounded.
It also depended on the company making them—some included a map of what was in each square, others did not. At least that is as the case for that era.

I think INEOS and Mitchelton missed a nice chance to dethrone Roglic today. I didn't expect Van Aert to be so bad, but it was obvious this team was vulnerable in the mountains and today was the hardest stage.

Last stage might be anoher chance but Turini (if ridden) is a great fit for Roglic.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think INEOS and Mitchelton missed a nice chance to dethrone Roglic today. I didn't expect Van Aert to be so bad, but it was obvious this team was vulnerable in the mountains and today was the hardest stage.

Last stage might be anoher chance but Turini (if ridden) is a great fit for Roglic.

Agreed. I had expected the Yates brothers and Quintana to try a bit more for sure. I think it was possible here to hurt Roglic.

Still the last stage could be the best opportunity, so we are up for an exciting weekend with this stage race.

Congratulations to McNulty for taking the win. Hard not to be happy he made it through.

As for Jumbo Visma. Dennis demonstrating how invaluable he already is for the team. As for the rest. I must say that i am a bit disappointed. First mountain stage and for your leader to get isolated in such way. Not cool.

Roglič luckily responded accordingly. Especially by closing that Martínez attack all by himself in a stomp fashion.

Rightful owner of the Yellow jersey.