• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Nice 2022 (03/06 - 03/13)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The race was won 10K from the finish. I saw little gaps left and right because of the work by Dennis, Teunissen, even Bissegger...

Up until the last hill it was a fight for position and it was nearly impossible to move up. All that time, WvA, Laporte and Roglic were in perfect position. Some riders could have followed on the climb if only they were in position, but they weren't.

Masterclass in terms of anticipating before that hill.

The race was won 10K from the finish. I saw little gaps left and right because of the work by Dennis, Teunissen, even Bissegger...

Up until the last hill it was a fight for position and it was nearly impossible to move up. All that time, WvA, Laporte and Roglic were in perfect position. Some riders could have followed on the climb if only they were in position, but they weren't.

Masterclass in terms of anticipating before that hill.
Yates and Quintana were in perfect position. They just couldn't follow super climber Laporte.

A master class of Jumbo racing today.

View: https://twitter.com/Debby_Drckx/status/1487047195790655490

FNLcOmcWUAQ28Ov

I think the problem with the 'peloton stuffed it up' argument was that the DQS rider (Stybar?) was visibly hurting and unable to cling on, whilst Laporte was, after just doing an almighty pull when WVA took over.

An in-form Adam Yates was also completely unable to sprint across the 1 second gap uphill (see 700m to go in the climb) whilst Laporte was just drilling it in the saddle the entire time.

I've watched 25 years, which, although it is a lot less than many here, and I don't remember this sort of 1-2-3 style display ever ending well. I do hope I'm wrong though because I quite like Roglic's interviews.

Yates and Quintana were in perfect position. They just couldn't follow super climber Laporte.

there were multiple guys who dropped off between Yates and and Roglic. So yates was distanced and had to make up multiple positions.

Laporte was already a great rider for this terrain at the shittiest WT team of all. It was to be expected that he would get even better at a team where everything is turned into gold.