• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Nice: STAGE 1 - Saint-Arnoult-en-Yvelines --> Contres: 201.5 km

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Profile:

PROFILVIGNETTE.gif

Last KMs:

PROFILKMSVIGNETTE.gif

Tomorrows stage is just over 200km of flat roads, sprinter's finish.

For me it would be hard to look past Andre Greipel considering his early season form. The will be no Gert Steegmans to contest the sprint after his heavy in the prologue.

Could a mod Sticky this?

Well done. I was going to do one, myself, but couldn't find a decent stage profile. Will mooch about. Here we go. A bit bigger, but just as flat.

Who to beat Greipel? Chicci maybe? Hard to look past the giant German, though.
Doesn't look like we'll have any xwind to break things up.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
With that profile, I wonder if tomorrow is even worth watching?

Because I have to get to work earlier if I want to go home earlier. I'm not getting up early if the stage is sh.t boring anyway :eek:

I probably won't - I live in student halls so I have to pay £11 for 4200mb of internet. Ends up costing a lot when I watch video :(

Also, seeing as everyone will say Greipel/Haussler, I'll go for Jimmy Casper :p

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
I have no reputation or street cred to protect, so I'm picking Jens Voigt.:cool:

I couldnt agree more...

I doubt that he will win a sprint though,but if he gets away solo when it is about 140 km left of the race.... :D

Yea,I admit,I am a big fan of Jens.....:)

luckyboy said:
I probably won't - I live in student halls so I have to pay £11 for 4200mb of internet. Ends up costing a lot when I watch video :(

Also, seeing as everyone will say Greipel/Haussler, I'll go for Jimmy Casper :p

What kind of university doesn't give you free internet with your rent? That'll learn you for not going to a proper Uni town - enjoy getting stung by London prices.

dimspace said:
Hmm Stage 1 or 2 or whatever are calling it..

Dullathon

True, but we all should be rejoicing.
We have finally entered the season proper and there'll be wall to wall tv or net feeds, from now, until mid-June.
I count 6 stage races and 5 major,1 day races, left, in March alone, that we'll see.

Oh and watching large screen HD livens even the dullest of stages, too.:)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
any word on the finish? simple, complicated, flat, uphill?

I've got a profile, they don't come much flatter 4m uphill over the last km, twists and turns?

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
The bunch sprint is probably unavoidable and Greipel is the big favourite. I would like to see Jens Voigt in the breakaway, but I don't think they will let him get away.

Maybe guys like Grivko and Taaramae will be there but the stage is not theirs to win.

TRENDING THREADS