• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Roubaix 2022, one day monument, April 17

qilsZHWY_400x400.jpg

FQPDduUWUAEfg1u

It's Paris Roubaix! What more is there to tell. MVDP, Wout and all the others will try to win for the firs time. Will Pogacar make a surprise appearance? Will Ganna just TT from the start?
1500x500

CCyctFt.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN.

o2YBonz.png

Full startlist (not yet final): https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/paris-roubaix/2022/result/startlist

cjUgEy6.png

Ineos vs. MvdP?

Based on the past few weeks it could turn out so. Ganna has won PR Espoirs, but he has everything to prove on cobbles on a pro level. Ineos could have the numbers again and out-QuickStep QuickStep.

Van Aert will start, but it's doubtful whether he will be in top shape.

Dont overestimate Ineos now. AGR and especially BP are entirely different from Roubaix.

I think the Danes (Pedersen, Asgreen) are a more important force here than Ineos. Also guys like Kung, Laporte, Mohoric/Tratnik, will play an important role here.

I am still so bummed because of Sonny Colbrelli, last years winner obviously, and his heart issues that might prevent him from ever racing again :(

"The question that many cyclists and fans are undoubtedly asking is – why did this happen to Sonny Colbrelli – apparently so randomly – after many years and thousands of kilometers of racing with no prior issue, and indeed even with a proactive UCI cardiac screening program in place? His near-fatal collapse – less than six months after his highly emotional Paris Roubaix win – although shocking, unfortunately represents a pretty typical storyline in these cases. "

But he has never ever ever made a good result in a one-day race.
Sure, but I have seen a lot weirder things in cycling than a 90 kg guy, who by far has the most watts in the peloton, doing well in Paris-Roubaix. Probably the only one day race hes really suited to anyways, and we know what has happened to that race the last couple of years. Ganna is still relatively young, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if he wins.

Sure, but I have seen a lot weirder things in cycling than a 90 kg guy, who by far has the most watts in the peloton, doing well in Paris-Roubaix. Probably the only one day race hes really suited to anyways, and we know what has happened to that race the last couple of years. Ganna is still relatively young, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if he wins.

And he has quite a bit of experience in the Velodrome as well no?

TRENDING THREADS