• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Roubaix 2022, one day monument, April 17

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FQTkzVqXsAI-G-s

And he has prepared this race for a while now, unless he absolutely suck at cobbles he should be a strong outsider IMO

When he won the Espoirs edition of 2016, he attacked from a group with 4k to go. That group formed at 165k to go and was really big. We also know Pavel Sivakov, who was in that group. But it looked like one of the races, where the peloton can't get a group back.

Only Marc Madiot has won both Espoirs and the pro race of Paris-Roubaix.

Sure, but I have seen a lot weirder things in cycling than a 90 kg guy, who by far has the most watts in the peloton, doing well in Paris-Roubaix. Probably the only one day race hes really suited to anyways, and we know what has happened to that race the last couple of years. Ganna is still relatively young, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if he wins.
I'm honestly very surprised that he hasn't done any of the other cobbled races this season, even if I keep hammering the point that non Roubaix cobbles are overrated.

I see Ganna more as a wildcard. He was also team leader for Sanremo and he was really bad there.

I would be surprised if Ganna won, but @Red Rick don’t think one can judge much from San Remo when he had been ill in the week preceding.

given van aert’s illness and current spring form i would probably rank as follows-

*Van der Poel
**** Pedersen
**** Asgreen
** Van Aert, Laporte, Kung
* Stuyven, Stybar, Pollit, Ganna, Turner, Van Baarle, Trentin, Mohoric

Reactions: Sandisfan
Apr 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now. But decided to make an account for the following question. Me and some friends are doing a weekend in Lille next to Roubaix. As big cycling lovers we want to visit the race. But not so sure on where to go. First plan was Carrefour de l'Arbre, but i'm not sure if the alcohol ban is still in place. Do they have a big screen there?

Any other options? Preferably close to Roubaix/Lille with the option to drink something and watch the race on a big screen.

Thx for the advise!

And for the race, I hope Stybar takes his big win :cool:

Hi all,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now. But decided to make an account for the following question. Me and some friends are doing a weekend in Lille next to Roubaix. As big cycling lovers we want to visit the race. But not so sure on where to go. First plan was Carrefour de l'Arbre, but i'm not sure if the alcohol ban is still in place. Do they have a big screen there?

Any other options? Preferably close to Roubaix/Lille with the option to drink something and watch the race on a big screen.

Thx for the advise!

And for the race, I hope Stybar takes his big win :cool:

Welcome to the community!

TRENDING THREADS