• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Tours (1.X) Oct 7

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
I'd be surprised, he was way back just moments before.
Boom went down in the big crash earlier so you're both right :D

Great race once again! Degenkolb shows some real class not wanting to give up when their primary tactic didn't work out. He's gonna be huge and I agree that he's much more than just a sprinter. He'll be a great Paris-Roubaix rider some day.

Ryo Hazuki said:
we already saw that in the wcu23 2008, that duarte won

That was a very good example of his abilities on smaller hills yes, great race that year, and we must also not forget that, like Kittel, he was also one of the best time trialist in the world back when he was a junior, so he is definetly a very strong rider with allround qualities that will be usefull in many kinds of classics besides being a great sprinter.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nah, from areal view nothing happened.

Belgians complaining about nothing again on TV as usual.

That was exactly the same sprint that saw Goss relegated in the TDF losing him any hope of getting the green jersey.
As with Goss I don't think it was worthy of relegation, but they called it once already this season. Consistency needs to be key.

Zam_Olyas said:

Thanks that was great, maybe a bit disappointed by Terpstra...those QS guys really went downhill after such an incredible spring (ok ok to be fair they won the WC TTT. anyway...).
Degenkolb, what a great move, in the end I really hoped he could catch the breakaway trio, he just needed 1 km more :p

It was about time to see Marcato winning something big (or well quite big)! He's never been a champion but he's a hard man, and he's got the right skills for the classics, and I hope the next years he will get a lot more successes!

Libertine Seguros said:
Don't worry. We're still safe until Kolobnev wins something.

LOL he's already the new Boogerd. No wait he's even way worse now that you mention it :D

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Pippo_San said:
It was about time to see Marcato winning something big (or well quite big)! He's never been a champion but he's a hard man, and he's got the right skills for the classics, and I hope the next years he will get a lot more successes!

There are stories going around local cycling community that the local U23 guys wouldn't want to go to train with Marcato cause he does train too hard.

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My name's pelodee and I'm an addict - I watched the Tour of Beijing.

Just watched a repeat of Paris-Tours afterwards (British Eurosport). When I watched it on Sunday C*****n K***y was making noises while Brian Smith was correcting him and adding insight. This repeat has Robert Hatch and Brian Smith. Wha?

@EurosportUKTV
"As the Paris-Tours is close to finishing, we will now be showing action from the start of the race instead of live coverage."

I guess Brian Smith got paid twice, faking once with K***y or Hatch or...erm?

:confused::mad: This is like watching Primer for the first time.

TRENDING THREADS