• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Tours 2010

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Faserr said:
He started racing in January in good shape. I think he also wants to start at the Tour Down Under in good shape next January. So he should take his well deserved time out now.

But he had to start racing in January, as he knew that he needed to actually have form for races others didn't, like TDU, so he could win stuff and get a contract away from HTc. As he clearly was never going to win much post Giro - what with Cav usually peaking after there, and in fact Greipel only winning a stage in the Giro after Petacchi and Farrar left backs up the point he was never going to be good enough to go with the best at other races.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
So will this race be worth watching?

Never seen it before, but it looks like a sprinterrace, allthough looking at the recent winners its 50-50.

Just tune in for the last ±40km. Always exciting.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
FYI to all Australian posters with Pay TV, it's on Eurosport tonight at 12.30am (AEST) to 2am (AEST). But I should strongly urge you to do a double check just in case, so you ****s don't come in here and blame me :p

craig1985 said:
FYI to all Australian posters with Pay TV, it's on Eurosport tonight at 12.30am (AEST) to 2am (AEST). But I should strongly urge you to do a double check just in case, so you ****s don't come in here and blame me :p

Poor for you ******s in the East (lucky you're QLD) with races being an extra hour later now...

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
just read some comments by Gilbert on this race and he talks about how big a part the wind plays (and how much he loves the race), I just wonder if this could be a deciding factor as to whether the race ends in a break or a bunch ?_?

article at Velonation

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:
Flecha has sat up.

Doesn't look like it to me, unless that is a different sky rider pushing hard off the front.

[edit] Four at the front now, Maes, Flecha, Geschike and Saramontes (spelling?)

chasers about to get caught by the peloton.