• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Passing the Plateau

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I hit the wall in everything I do. In biking there comes a point where I feel like I can't push it any harder. I can't go any farther and my time stands still. I picked up bike touring in the rocky mountains a few years ago and was finally able to pass the plateau. It was an incredible experience. Ever since then hard rides with 2,000-3,000 vertical gain no longer feel so hard. I was inspired by these tours and started a company called Natural Fitness Guided Adventures based in Boulder, Colordao. We plan to offer a fully supported hut-to-hut 7 day trip from Telluride, Co to Moab Utah. Would you be in to it?

Check us out at:
http://www.NaturalFitnessGuidedAdventures.com

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
So let me get this straight. Everytime something has become too hard you find it difficult to get through it, hit the plateau.

Only for this magical experience you would still be stuck there. Now you want others to pay you to bring them around. What happens if mid-tour the magic wears off?????? Day 6 you hit this problem again, do we all just wait around for you to have another special moment or do we look after ourselves?

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
I have my cycling adventures in traffic, thank you. It is hard for me to take my bike someplace to ride it when I can ride it right out my barn! I don't even do the $25 group rides.