Pat throws Hein under the (USPS) bus?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am SO in awe of Landis' work here. A new comedy artform, projected on legal matters and PR, so deeply entangled with his actual fate.

This is the kind of stuff me and mates would brainstorm about, but of course never actually DO. He does. If I could buy tickets to be privy their group meetings or even Skype calls, I'd definately do it. These are the kinds of mates you want to have. Probably great fun before the first beer is opened.
 
Jan 27, 2010
921
0
0
thehog said:
Maybe Pat is worried about Floyd becoming an anti-hero after Landis wrote his email rebuff about being sued by the UCI?

Maybe McQuaid thinks its cool now to hang with Floyd? And Armstrong has lost his appeal to the masses?
THe Hog,

Did I miss something? Didn't Patty threaten to sue Landis unless he retracted his comments within 2 weeks? And now Landis may not be speaking all lies, and, there was lots of corruption back then!

Is Pat confused or has he learned something in the last few days to redirect his political optics? I must have missed something.

NW
 
Jan 27, 2010
921
0
0
MacRoadie said:
[ Says WADA Chief [/URL]
Pound can sleep at night and history will show that he stood up to largest monopsony of lies in sporting history.

I always thought that Mr. Pound was harsh in his approach but that is and was exactly appropriate given the 'system' and figureheads he had to battle with.
NW
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Neworld said:
Pound can sleep at night and history will show that he stood up to largest monopsony of lies in sporting history.

I always thought that Mr. Pound was harsh in his approach but that is and was exactly appropriate given the 'system' and figureheads he had to battle with.
NW
largest recorded!

Carl Lewis is up there with Armstrong. failed a dope test prior to the Olympics where Ben Johnson tested pos.

FIFA is as corrupt. The IOC is as corrupt. Tennis too
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
0
0
Sorry, for a stupid German - is this real on NYV or is that comedy ?
I mean this email-traffic.
I don't get this "Grey Manrod", too. Is this an inside joke you are talking about or what ?

I have to admit that I am confused. Is this serious or joke ?

Well, if this is no joke....I have to repeat that Floyd needs a vacation or at least some time off from "cycling".
 
Jan 27, 2010
921
0
0
sniper said:
epic stuff.

Mr. Dip****. :D

By the way, there is also a link in it to the Pat-interview discussed in this thread.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/49173811/mcquaidinterview
Yes very robust Landis and lawyer letters. I looked at some of the times that Landis wrote his letters, and the spelling of the lawyer representing McQuaid, hilarious.


"Subject: Are you OK?
Date: February 20, 2011 1:35:13 AM EST
To: hein.verbruggen, philippe.verbiest, Rolf Ditesheim

Mr Dite****,

Please tell me who has taken over this case now that you are no longer representing your "principles" so that I can ask them what to retract.

Floyd

this is more serious than ever

Killer emails Floyd, you make me split. NW
 
Jan 27, 2010
921
0
0
Benotti69 said:
largest recorded!

Carl Lewis is up there with Armstrong. failed a dope test prior to the Olympics where Ben Johnson tested pos.

FIFA is as corrupt. The IOC is as corrupt. Tennis too
You are right, I cannot corroborate that. Sorry. How about a "one of the largest..." ?

NW
 
Neworld said:
THe Hog,

Did I miss something? Didn't Patty threaten to sue Landis unless he retracted his comments within 2 weeks? And now Landis may not be speaking all lies, and, there was lots of corruption back then!

Is Pat confused or has he learned something in the last few days to redirect his political optics? I must have missed something.

NW
In short you'll be seeing a few more "videos" and "sound recordings" and "letters" leak in the coming days. Hence Patty's retreat. Floyd don't give a *** anymore. It will be fun to watch. After the Alberto fiasco he can only laugh at it all.
 
Jan 27, 2010
921
0
0
Polish said:
Do you believe either of those two statements from Pat?
The UCI has not been corrupt since 2005?

Careful, don't let Pat distract you.

Don't take your eyes off Pat to look at Hein.

Keep your eyes on BOTH of them.
Although you may have to shift your eyes back and forth really fast.

Hein has already said there was no corruption on his watch either.
What the heck does that mean? He's clean and Pat's dirty?

Dart your eyes back and forth really fast. Dart Dart.
Hein Pat. Hein Pat. Hein Pat. You get the idea.
Mr. Polish,

I wonder how your shifting viewpoints of creative writing, punctuated by some inappropriate humour, would hold up against Mr. Landis's Lawyer (Mr. Chade Grey)? After reading the Landis letters and his Lawyer's responses and further questioning to McQuaid's counsel I thought of you. I'm not so sure you'd be that 'silly' when answering Mr. Grey.

But to be fair this forum is not a legal case, your entertainment value here is thus congruent.

NW
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
0
0
thehog said:
In short you'll be seeing a few more "videos" and "sound recordings" and "letters" leak in the coming days. Hence Patty's retreat. Floyd don't give a *** anymore. It will be fun to watch. After the Alberto fiasco he can only laugh at it all.
Finally a new hog-prediction.
Yes, there was a big vibration of the Force"™". We could all feel it. Ahhh....
It's coming...flicker told us as early as last week. Polish,too.

There is something BIG coming. I believe flicker. He is a real Jedi.



PS: hog, can give us that link out of the dark depth of internet, or results of your daily excessive Armstrong-google-session ? Some tweetie ?
So you don't have to play the predictor again and sell that prediction as big inside knowledge, like many people, including you, handle it here.
Also, you would be "fine out" if a prediction fails again. You then can blame others, or, easiest way, just blame Lance again.

About Floyd, yes, he doesn't give a sh**.
"Ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, lebt es sich recht unbeschwert!"
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Cobblestoned said:
Finally a new hog-prediction.
Yes, there was a big vibration of the Force"™". We could all feel it. Ahhh....
It's coming...flicker told us as early as last week. Polish,too.

About Floyd, yes, he doesn't give a sh**.
"Ist der Ruf erst ruiniert, lebt es sich recht unbeschwert!"
The previous Hog Prediction (regarding Floyd) came shortly after "Tonite - A Very Special Episode of the Sunday Times- the Kimmage/Floyd Heart-to-Heart interview".

The Hog predicted that "we would not hear from Floyd in a while".
Floyd was done with cycling.....

That was a good prediction too!

Although I am the one to talk - I predicted the Indictments would come "After the Superbowl but Before Valentines Day".
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Neworld said:
Mr. Polish,

I wonder how your shifting viewpoints of creative writing, punctuated by some inappropriate humour, would hold up against Mr. Landis's Lawyer (Mr. Chade Grey)? After reading the Landis letters and his Lawyer's responses and further questioning to McQuaid's counsel I thought of you. I'm not so sure you'd be that 'silly' when answering Mr. Grey.

But to be fair this forum is not a legal case, your entertainment value here is thus congruent.

NW
I would prefer to be cross examined by Mr Grey's partner in the firm.
Ms Manrod.
I believe her first name is Edith;)

But seriously, These "e-mails" and "deposition vids" being released by Floyd's Team of Lawyers is going to impact his credibility.

One the one hand, one can conclude that Floyd will NOT be on the stand in either a WhistleBlower Case or a Federal Case anytime soon. If so, his credibility will be even further shot to pieces by top notch real lawyers.

On the other hand, maybe Floyd is preparing for when he is caught in a lie and can use the vaunted "I was just kidding Can't you guys take a joke" Defense.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Benotti69 said:
largest recorded!

Carl Lewis is up there with Armstrong. failed a dope test prior to the Olympics where Ben Johnson tested pos.

FIFA is as corrupt. The IOC is as corrupt. Tennis too
IOC gets my vote but we're off topic now.
 
Polish said:
...

But seriously, These "e-mails" and "deposition vids" being released by Floyd's Team of Lawyers is going to impact his credibility.

...
Unfortunate, and I agree. I am not sure this is in Floyd's best interests.

'...you don't spit into the wind...'

The low-road will bring you to its level. The hi-jinks easily remind us of the phone call, and other crossing-the-line moments. Is Floyd a reformed doper, or a doper caught in the act?

He must be having collaboration here. Old friends, or new ones?

Do you think he and DeCanio might be collaborating?

Dave.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
I think Pat's playing the "stupid" card lately. He wants his critics to think he's stupid, impulsive and irrational, and not as cunning and sly as he really is.
 
Aug 3, 2009
169
0
0
So chalk Armstrongs reign up under HV.

All the corrupt @#$$% that has followed is clearly under the new leader.

Sure seems like SSDD for the UCI.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
D-Queued said:
Unfortunate, and I agree. I am not sure this is in Floyd's best interests.

'...you don't spit into the wind...'

The low-road will bring you to its level. The hi-jinks easily remind us of the phone call, and other crossing-the-line moments. Is Floyd a reformed doper, or a doper caught in the act?

He must be having collaboration here. Old friends, or new ones?

Do you think he and DeCanio might be collaborating?

Dave.
I wish Decanio would start posting here, but he tends to like having the stage all to himself. He thinks there's money in this (there isn't).
 
May 24, 2010
855
0
0
The emails are brilliant and kept me well amused on night shift last night. Love the shirt Floyd:D:D

While there may be a shed load of numour in there I suggest the last one is bang in the money.
 
Feb 21, 2010
1,007
0
0
D-Queued said:
Unfortunate, and I agree. I am not sure this is in Floyd's best interests.

'...you don't spit into the wind...'

The low-road will bring you to its level. The hi-jinks easily remind us of the phone call, and other crossing-the-line moments. Is Floyd a reformed doper, or a doper caught in the act?

He must be having collaboration here. Old friends, or new ones?

Do you think he and DeCanio might be collaborating?

Dave.
I think it is brilliant mockery of the Floyd-Hein-McQuaid situation. I don't see how Floyd loses anything with such a stunt. Let's recall, Hein started in with Floyd when he email the guy directly. Floyd battered Hein around.

From the outside, and considering Floyd is now retired and not under any notion of following rules of the sport, it looks like he is a cat playing with a mouse. He must be very confident with his facts and cooperation with the US Feds to tweak Pat and Hein in such a way. I disagree that it somehow hurts his credibility. He is making fun of them, exposing their weak sauce efforts to shut him up for what they are, and making them look the fools in the process.

Keep it up Mr. Landis.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY