• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pat throws Hein under the (USPS) bus?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Colm.Murphy said:
I think it is brilliant mockery of the Floyd-Hein-McQuaid situation. I don't see how Floyd loses anything with such a stunt. Let's recall, Hein started in with Floyd when he email the guy directly. Floyd battered Hein around.

From the outside, and considering Floyd is now retired and not under any notion of following rules of the sport, it looks like he is a cat playing with a mouse. He must be very confident with his facts and cooperation with the US Feds to tweak Pat and Hein in such a way. I disagree that it somehow hurts his credibility. He is making fun of them, exposing their weak sauce efforts to shut him up for what they are, and making them look the fools in the process.

Keep it up Mr. Landis.
Amen. Floyd obviously is enjoying the advantage of having picked the thuth's side of an argument. Makes clubbing the bad guys aroubnd with said truth even more fun.
This will make such a hugely fun movie one day...

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
The emails are brilliant and kept me well amused on night shift last night. Love the shirt Floyd:D:D

While there may be a shed load of numour in there I suggest the last one is bang in the money.

Totally agree, my friend.

I've had spotty internet and catching up on these is like getting an unexpected gift. Real treat.

It is excellent that they blend the petulance of Floyd's consuming hatred of the UCI with his clearly sharp and refined (at this point) legal mind.

That he's armed with the truth, it is becoming more and more clear defeating him will be impossible.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Sorry, for a stupid German - I have to admit that I am confused. Is this serious or joke ?

Well, if this is no joke....I have to repeat that Floyd needs a vacation or at least some time off from "cycling".

Cobblestone, consider this: What if D1ck Pound was hired by Manrod as their in-house expert on anti-doping? I guess then we could say that ManRod's staff had grown larger.

What if former bio-passport chief (Anne Gripper) was hired as well? "FURTHER STAFF EXTENSION DUE TO MANROD'S GRIPPER".

Well personally, I find this whole conversation very stimulating. Things are definitely coming to a head. Perhaps it will reach a climax soon. :p

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
Cobblestone, consider this: What if D1ck Pound was hired by Manrod as their in-house expert on anti-doping? I guess then we could say that ManRod's staff had grown larger.

What if former bio-passport chief (Anne Gripper) was hired as well? "FURTHER STAFF EXTENSION DUE TO MANROD'S GRIPPER".

Well personally, I find this whole conversation very stimulating. Things are definitely coming to a head. Perhaps it will reach a climax soon. :p

Pound was the steamroller that brought it in, and now they have the politician. Unfortunately, they needed a politician to bring it in and THEN they should have hired Pound to be the pile-driver.

Polish said:
But seriously, These "e-mails" and "deposition vids" being released by Floyd's Team of Lawyers is going to impact his credibility.

One the one hand, one can conclude that Floyd will NOT be on the stand in either a WhistleBlower Case or a Federal Case anytime soon. If so, his credibility will be even further shot to pieces by top notch real lawyers.

I thought Landis didn't have any credibility? :rolleyes:

Now he got two more rounds of credibility to lose? Wow he must have had a lot of credibility to start with to lose so much of it.

I look forward to hot shot lawyers explaining to a packed court room the irony in Floyds emails. Perhaps said top notch lawyers could start with showing the UCI cease & desist letters first and the infamous Hein "don't take that tone" with me letter to set the context for Floyds emails?

I'm sure they'll have a field day with nut job Landis.

I'll just wait for the Fed's lawyers to get Lance on the stand to tell the court room about his awesome credibility. I can can imagine the line of questioning now...

"So Mr. Armstrong just so I get this right for the courtroom... you doped your entire career knowing the health risks that that may bring, and even after you contracted life threatening cancer you came back to full health and continued to inject toxic chemicals into your body. Following these acts you proceeded to write not one but two books on how you rode clean and that you were some form of martyr to the cancer community on clean living - Just so the courtroom understands - which part of "I like our credibility" do these acts fall under?"

"Yah"

A

Anonymous

NashbarShorts said:

Double entendre with brilliance. Well done.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:

Stimulating, yes I love Floyd's comedy. :)
Wether this is helpful...is another topic.
Ok, I have it now. I was just confused about confused Floyd and about some connections and comments.
I just thought there was a another joke in all that joking. Maybe there was.
Just forget it. :D

:confused: <

A

Anonymous

Cheat Or Be Cheated said:
I don't think he's having that much fun. It was clear from the Kimmage transcript and Kimmage's advice to a crying Landis not to be following this on the internet, that he is still emotionally disturbed.

That's not surprising after everything he's been through. It must be hard for him. Although he is the darling of the anti doping movement these days he himself isn't really an anti doper - something that comes through in his interviews - he's just ended up in an alliance with them. So he can't really relate to his new friends and hates how you rip people to shreds. But he's also deeply disowned by the guys in the sport so he has no friends there and feels guilt for betraying some of his old buddies as part of his revenge on the UCI and Armstrong. I think he's a conflicted and unhappy man who is yet to be at peace with himself.

Oh, I think he is having fun.

He's not emotionally disturbed... he's mad as hell. Big, big difference.

Obviously he's have a ball illustrating the utter absurdity of the UCI by being utterly absurd. It's brilliant.

He's baiting Hein and Mr. Pat to paint themselves into a corner where their statements over the years are being exposed for all the foolishness they contain. I can only imagine how many shades of red Mr. Pat's face has been the last few days.

Not bad for a guy without credibility. Now, more that ever, the truth hurts.

Sounds like the happiest man alive. He's having "fun" peoples.

Scott SoCal said:
Oh, I think he is having fun.

He's not emotionally disturbed... he's mad as hell. Big, big difference.

Obviously he's have a ball illustrating the utter absurdity of the UCI by being utterly absurd. It's brilliant.

He's baiting Hein and Mr. Pat to paint themselves into a corner where their statements over the years are being exposed for all the foolishness they contain. I can only imagine how many shades of red Mr. Pat's face has been the last few days.

Not bad for a guy without credibility. Now, more that ever, the truth hurts.

A

Anonymous

Cheat Or Be Cheated said:
That's his outward persona and the view promoted by his new fans who want to present McQuaid in the worst light possible, but I don't buy it for a second.

His last email to McQuaid that he fired off to news agencies wasn't very good. It was like an internet posting. It just referred to the Contador decision without actually explaining anything. Yet everyone claimed it was genious. That he is still reacting to events before he's had time to consider his words is the actions of someone who is a bit out of control. He still hasn't learnt from the trouble he got himself into over legalizing drugs. I think Kimmage is right that he will remain in emotional turmoil whilst he is following this closely. He needs to get away. Away from people like you who are encouraging him on, quite frankly. Just let the feds do their work and take yourself out of the drama.

Yes. Just keep mis-underestimating him.

I'm quite sure, when Floyd reads this, he will take your psychoanalysis under advisement.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
In all seriousness, Floyd just sent me a PM. GreyManRod is about to bring in a new partner to head their sexual harassment litigation practice. This individual just so happens to be McQuaid's half-brother.

Yes. None other than Pat N. MaGroin.... This is gonna be HUGE

NashbarShorts said:
In all seriousness, Floyd just sent me a PM. GreyManRod is about to bring in a new partner to head their sexual harassment litigation practice. This individual just so happens to be McQuaid's half-brother.

Yes. None other than Pat N. MaGroin.... This is gonna be HUGE

Go check Grey ManRod's Twitter page. There's been a breach of security at their HQ.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Been googling away and located this site http://wwww.flandischarity.ORG

On home page Floyd says:

Busy lately with emails and laughing lot.
Have decided to have a go at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4U6T_BB1N8&feature=related

No hard feelings Pat. Highly recommend you try this version of my new hobby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnIJz8EvFU

have fixed above link

disclaimer I promise not to divert 9.75% of all funds from the org site
to http://wwww.flandischarity.COM based in the Cayman Islands

cheers to all

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dallas_ said:
Been googling away and located this site http://wwww.flandischarity.ORG

On home page Floyd says:

Busy lately with emails and laughing lot.
Have decided to have a go at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4U6T_BB1N8&feature=related

No hard feelings Pat. Highly recommend you try this version of my new hobby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1mOWYXhyU

disclaimer I promise not to divert 9.75% of all funds from the org site
to http://wwww.flandischarity.COM based in the Cayman Islands

cheers to all

The first clip is awesome, pat should indeed try it out.
The second doesn't load where I'm at.

TRENDING THREADS