• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pellizoti's new home (non doping thread)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Francos new home

• Astana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
issoisso said:
Considering he's a card-carrying member of the fascist Fiamma Tricolore, I'm waiting for the option "get stuffed" to be added.

PS: It's "Movistar", nothing to do with "Movies" :)

Pellizoti is a member?:confused: I remember someone once said he was racist and wouldnt kiss a afro carribean podium girl, but this was disproved with a picture.

If its true, he does his best to cover his skinhead allegiances.

A

Anonymous

Altitude said:
He won't stay because he'll constantly have to take a back seat to Nibali and Basso. If he wants a GT he'll leave.

Rumour I heard earlier in the week was he was definately leaving leaky.. My gut is he will go to astana.. An italian on a spanish team seems a little odd.

TeamSkyFans said:
Rumour I heard earlier in the week was he was definately leaving leaky.. My gut is he will go to astana.. An italian on a spanish team seems a little odd.

There were seven Italians on Spanish ProTour teams in 2010.

Marzio Bruseghin at Caisse d'Epargne
Eros Capecchi, Ermano Capelli, Fabio Felline, Giampaolo Cheula, Marco Corti and Michele Merlo at Footon

However, I don't think there were any at the lower level.

As regards Spaniards on Italian ProTour teams in 2010, there were none whatsoever.

However, on the ProConti teams you have:

Didac Ortega at Acqua e Sapone
Luís Ángel Mate at Androni Giocattoli (soon to be joined by Ángel Vicioso, right?)
Sérgio Pardilla and Francisco Ventoso at CarmioOro (both soon to return to Spain with Movistar)

On the other hand, Movistar have a stacked lineup but no real leader... lots of people who can get in the 6th-20th area but not really anybody who can get top 5 without a bit of tactical brilliance allied to a bit of luck...

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
blaxland said:
If he leaves Liquigas then my selection would be Team Sky,then all he has to do is get British Citizenship and Sky can have their first GT winner...;)

They should be trying to persuade Dan Martin to change his licence and join them. He is the only British rider with GT potential.and he is as British as Wiggo.