• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pellizotti

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody know what's taking so long with this case? He has suspicious values from the 2009 TDF and hasn't raced since prior to the Giro. If he had just taken a 2 year ban, the most likely outcome, he would already be well into the 5th month of his suspension. It seems like such a waste of time, money, etc. to go down the Valverde route.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
He was due to be heard this week - but he requested a delay, so his case will be heard on the 21st October.

Thanks to DAOTEC for this link.

If he is sanctioned the start date is usually when the rider withdrew from racing, which in his case was early May.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I hate this drawn out process, its bad for fans races and more to the point the rider, if Pellizotti is innocent and thats a big if it has ruined his career anyway

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
He was due to be heard this week - but he requested a delay, so his case will be heard on the 21st October.

Ehrmmm... Wrong.
He did not request any delay.

The Anti Doping Court (TNA) postponed the hearing. For undisclosed "office reasons".

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
CitizenErased said:
Ehrmmm... Wrong.
He did not request any delay.

The Anti Doping Court (TNA) postponed the hearing. For undisclosed "office reasons".

I was getting my info from the CONI website - but my Italian is poor.

Il Presidente del Tribunale Nazionale Antidoping, Francesco Plotino, per motivi d’ufficio, ha rinviato la data della trattazione dell’udienza relativa al ciclista Franco Pellizotti (originariamente prevista per il giorno 16 settembre alle ore 11) in data 21 ottobre 2010, con inizio alle ore 10.30.

TRENDING THREADS