People's Choice Classic: Adelaide East End Circuit, 51km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 11, 2010
auscyclefan94 said:
Stage 3 will not be a big bunch sprint. Have you seen this year's circuit?
Isn't it just the same as last year's, with one extra lap? I don't see what that will change to the race, except maybe a few more sprinters being dropped.

Jun 16, 2009
CN journo and long time Lance fangirl, Jane Aubrey seems to think that Goss has super form because of his performance tonight. :eek:

Jun 16, 2009
theyoungest said:
Isn't it just the same as last year's, with one extra lap? I don't see what that will change to the race, except maybe a few more sprinters being dropped.
Last year it was 3 laps. This year it is 6 and much hotter. It will be harder and I think a smaller group will battle it out.

Jan 11, 2010
auscyclefan94 said:
CN journo and long time Lance fangirl, Jane Aubrey seems to think that Goss has super form because of his performance tonight. :eek:
You have to agree he's back. To his favourite 2nd place behind a top sprinter.

Jul 8, 2009
theyoungest said:
Stage 2 will shape the race for mine.

theyoungest said:
The stage has 2000-2500m of climbing but the circuit itself is not hard enough to be selective on its own. Unless it's raced aggressively from the very first climb it will be a group of 30-40 like usual.

Jun 16, 2009
Ferminal said:
The stage has 2000-2500m of climbing but the circuit itself is not hard enough to be selective on its own. Unless it's raced aggressively from the very first climb it will be a group of 30-40 like usual.
There is usually more than 40 but to say there will be no difference between 3 laps and 6 laps is nonsensical.

It's like the Valkenburg circuit, they could ride around for days and it wouldn't be selective if the pace isn't forced. What happens depends entirely on the actions of the teams. The more significant difference is that there are no flat roads anywhere in the stage, which could influence the way it's raced.

Oct 13, 2012
auscyclefan94 said:
Did you watch the sprint?

Because of the split, it was a two man sprint with everyone trailing. He lost the sprint. To say he's back on that basis is the signs of a blind fanboy.
He was clearly joking. "Back to his favourite 2nd place" is hardly the blinding praise of a fanboy.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS