• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

People's Choice Classic: Adelaide East End Circuit, 51km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Isn't it just the same as last year's, with one extra lap? I don't see what that will change to the race, except maybe a few more sprinters being dropped.

Last year it was 3 laps. This year it is 6 and much hotter. It will be harder and I think a smaller group will battle it out.

theyoungest said:
Isn't it just the same as last year's, with one extra lap? I don't see what that will change to the race, except maybe a few more sprinters being dropped.

The stage has 2000-2500m of climbing but the circuit itself is not hard enough to be selective on its own. Unless it's raced aggressively from the very first climb it will be a group of 30-40 like usual.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
The stage has 2000-2500m of climbing but the circuit itself is not hard enough to be selective on its own. Unless it's raced aggressively from the very first climb it will be a group of 30-40 like usual.

There is usually more than 40 but to say there will be no difference between 3 laps and 6 laps is nonsensical.

It's like the Valkenburg circuit, they could ride around for days and it wouldn't be selective if the pace isn't forced. What happens depends entirely on the actions of the teams. The more significant difference is that there are no flat roads anywhere in the stage, which could influence the way it's raced.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Did you watch the sprint?

Because of the split, it was a two man sprint with everyone trailing. He lost the sprint. To say he's back on that basis is the signs of a blind fanboy.

He was clearly joking. "Back to his favourite 2nd place" is hardly the blinding praise of a fanboy.