• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

People's Choice Classic: Adelaide East End Circuit, 51km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The race starts at around 7pm local time/7:30pm AEDST/9:30am CET but the racing will likely start a bit after that. The race will last for a bit over an hour.

Go to http://www.ninemsn.com.au and there will be a link at the top of the page when the coverage is about to start that should lead you to the link.

Thanks for answering, and I can see it is in the 2nd post, so sorry.

Nevertheless, this is probably won by a sprinter (guess Greipel is the big favourite), but you never know in a race like this. An attacker could do it, maybe.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been to them all, but I don't remember this race ever being won by a breakaway. (TDU trivia question?)

They've had it on a few different circuits (Hutt Street, Glenelg) but always pretty flat and non-technical.

Goss, Greipel, Sutton, Farrar, Cantwell (or McCarthy), Renshaw, Guardini, Rojas, Kittel (to name a few)

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The winner is...

bettiniphoto_0095761_1_full_600.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Blues said:
Thanks for answering, and I can see it is in the 2nd post, so sorry.

Nevertheless, this is probably won by a sprinter (guess Greipel is the big favourite), but you never know in a race like this. An attacker could do it, maybe.

The chance of an attacker winning is one in a million. Simply not possible. It is a flat, wide super fast circuit. Not remotely technical.

Arnout said:
People's choice? Is this some sort of communistical race where everyone will win but the real winner will be taken to Alice Springs?

No, no. People's Choice is a Credit Union.

TRENDING THREADS