• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I asked this before today's stage, and the consensus was that he couldn't do a top 10 finish. After today's stage, and his current 5th place overall, what do you guys think his chances are at a top 10 overall?

Aquarthur said:
I asked this before today's stage, and the consensus was that he couldn't do a top 10 finish. After today's stage, and his current 5th place overall, what do you guys think his chances are at a top 10 overall?
Pretty slim. Judging by what we've seen so far, including today, he's not really on form.

Gotta agree with hrotha. JC Peraud should have shown more today if he was on his best form, and as the GC is pretty packed, he'll probably lose his top10 spot at the first MTF.

Still, today he gained six "free" minutes", which might do him good later on, if he improves on his form. I icked him for a couple of fantasy vuelta games, so I wouldn't mind him doing well;)

Aquarthur said:

He got in the top10 because of a breakaway group that the bunch let go. He didn't impress in that group either. Wednesday he will dissapear from the top10.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Although he has shown some good results up till now, I think he will falter later on. There are too many good GC guys in form that will take the top ten. Top 20 will be possible though.

TRENDING THREADS