Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Leinster said:
Screecher said:
Billie said:
no reason to go on holiday yet
Yes, there is. It's called Tour of California.
I love seeing Sagan at the ToC every year, but I do wish he'd try the Ardennes.
He'd struggle to even get a top 10 result in Fleche and Liege, and California + Suisse preparation for TdF has worked very well for him so far so there's no reason to change that.
 
Peter loves the Tour of California. He enjoys racing over here and he wants to be at that race. Plus he's a huge draw for it as well, so I'm sure the organizers want him over here as well. Since he always wanted to come race it before it was a WT race, there is no reason for him to miss it now that it is a WT race.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
El Pistolero said:
hrotha said:
El Pistolero said:
Koronin said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sagan has beaten Valverde plenty of times in uphill sprints at the Tour.
When, other than Cherbourg 2016 and Seraing 2012?
Rodez in 2015 (Greg won, but Sagan was second).

That's not plenty of times.
Has the reverse happened plenty of times? Vuelta 2015, stage 4 into Vejer is one, but other than that?
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Re:

Koronin said:
Peter loves the Tour of California. He enjoys racing over here and he wants to be at that race. Plus he's a huge draw for it as well, so I'm sure the organizers want him over here as well. Since he always wanted to come race it before it was a WT race, there is no reason for him to miss it now that it is a WT race.
California is vacation for Sagan. He doesn't take it very serious (except the one time he won the GC), but he can easily win a couple of stages there because the field isn't very good. It's a win-win situation for him.
 
Re: Re:

Screecher said:
Billie said:
Sagan wouldn't struggle in Liege. Matthews was 4th last year and right there for the sprint. Sagan is better version of Matthews
Matthews doesn't ride Roubaix or Flanders. That's different
In almost every aspect, but I think Matthews is a bit better on longer climbs. This Sagan is not able to win LBL.
 
Re: Re:

Screecher said:
Leinster said:
Screecher said:
Billie said:
no reason to go on holiday yet
Yes, there is. It's called Tour of California.
I love seeing Sagan at the ToC every year, but I do wish he'd try the Ardennes.
He'd struggle to even get a top 10 result in Fleche and Liege, and California + Suisse preparation for TdF has worked very well for him so far so there's no reason to change that.
Fleche, granted.

Liege, when Matthews and Gerrans can get top 10 and even win on the current course, and with the Ans finish going away next year, is far from impossible for him.

I get that California fits into his season as-is, and it works for his Tour prep, and the crowds in CA love having him, but the traditionalist in me still feels that the best classics rider in the world ought to be riding the oldest classic. And (new, separate, argument here) it'd be a real shame if he went his whole career without racing the Giro.
 
Re: Re:

Leinster said:
Screecher said:
Billie said:
Sagan wouldn't struggle in Liege. Matthews was 4th last year and right there for the sprint. Sagan is better version of Matthews
Matthews doesn't ride Roubaix or Flanders. That's different
GvA was 11th in Liege last year after winning everything there was to win on the cobbles.

Valverde's comment after Greg finished 11th at Liege last year was, if he can do that here I can get a top 10 at Paris-Roubaix. However, Greg had amazing form last year.

Also remember LBL is changing it's finishing town for next year.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Also remember LBL is changing it's finishing town for next year.
Exactly. Kelly won 2 LBLs into Liege, before the move to Ans. Unless the 60km before La Redoute are raced as hard as the 60km before Carrefour de l'Arbre, then I'd expect Sagan to still be with the other top contenders at that point, and you're into an end-game similar to what we saw today.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
El Pistolero said:
hrotha said:
El Pistolero said:
Koronin said:
Sagan has beaten Valverde plenty of times in uphill sprints at the Tour.
When, other than Cherbourg 2016 and Seraing 2012?
Rodez in 2015 (Greg won, but Sagan was second).

That's not plenty of times.
Has the reverse happened plenty of times? Vuelta 2015, stage 4 into Vejer is one, but other than that?
Mur de Bretagne 2015
 
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
hrotha said:
El Pistolero said:
Koronin said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sagan has beaten Valverde plenty of times in uphill sprints at the Tour.
When, other than Cherbourg 2016 and Seraing 2012?
Rodez in 2015 (Greg won, but Sagan was second).
Valverde was not in contention in the first place, that's not a case of Sagan beating him in an uphill sprint.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
No posts since April 19th?

Is there another thread related to this freak that I missed or is he just not worth the conversation?

Just wondering ...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY