• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 218 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thank goodness, I am not a follower of Sagan but I just came here to post because it is outrageous that this thread was still not on the recent activity page.

Can be win a stage at the tour? Can be compete for green against wout?
I think he can. I was impressed by his positioning skills in the final km of stage 3 TDS again. And by his sustained sprint power.
If he can keep that going during TDF he just needs to mark WVA and sprint of his wheel.
Easier said than done. But this victory gives hope.

I think he can. I was impressed by his positioning skills in the final km of stage 3 TDS again. And by his sustained sprint power.
If he can keep that going during TDF he just needs to mark WVA and sprint of his wheel.
Easier said than done. But this victory gives hope.

I hope so. I was very much down on Sagan the last few years. I don't want to speculate extensively about how he handled covid -- some of it is a matter of public record, unfortunately -- and I know it wasn't easy for any professional athlete, but he was already not the rider he was even a few years ago. I don't know if it's just a question of being so good so young and racing hard for a decade, so we're seeing the inevitable decline, or whether there was some training he was not doing, or not doing correctly.

If he has the form he had yesterday, then he can absolutely contend for green. I don't think he's Wout's equal but then again he won't have to be a mid-mountain dom for a GC contender so there will be times when he can drive the grupetto instead...

Is this humor. If so, I don’t get it. And I don’t mean that in any upset way at all. I think I have a quirky style of humor, but this left me grasping at where is the connection? Equating PS to McAfee? What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? I’m back b*tches? Help me out here :)

Was posted a bit a few years back to signify someone returning from an illness/absence I.E Sagan in this instance

A tad hyperbolic maybe

Reactions: Sandisfan
... Slovak field is super weak, only 11 riders managed to finish the race.
What do you mean to say by this? According to the PCS, there were at least as many more finishing, just OTL, suggesting that the time limit was probably rather strict. Or if you mean that the field was weak because nobody was able to prevent PS from winning again, well, that's hardly any surprise, is that.

• Wow
What do you mean to say by this? According to the PCS, there were at least as many more finishing, just OTL, suggesting that the time limit was probably rather strict. Or if you mean that the field was weak because nobody was able to prevent PS from winning again, well, that's hardly any surprise, is that.
They just can't compete with Czech riders at all. Peter basically has to show up and he's almost guaranteed a victory. It's a sad reality of Slovak cycling.

• Wow
Peter Sagan looks good at the moment. He‘s fast, looks surprisingly lean, and has a beautiful tan. He obviously managed to arrive at the TdF, in the shape he needs.

Bernaudeau will be happy. And what a line-up Direct Energies sent to this race. Eight super strong riders. One of the strongest line-ups of all teams. Their season was great, so far - and now Peter performs at the most important race of the year. Congrats! :)

TRENDING THREADS