Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
TatryTour2013 said:
Another story is that on some cross country race he somehow missed his bike - by mistake. So he just took supermarket bike of his sister - and obviously won the race ...
That second story is in fact true and I read about it in an interview with Sagan
 
Apr 13, 2011
1,070
0
0
I think the story is he broke his frame, or something like that. So he borrowed his sister's bike, went on to win with that one.

I want to also say another time he broke his frame, of course there was not another one around the night before a race, they were scrambling and found a local welder who welded it back together, then he went to the race and won.

I heard it on a TV interview one time, he acts like everybody does that around his town.

We Slovakians are very resourceful when necessary. And fast/strong!
 
Greipel to ride one lap in Paris in flip-flops & bermudas

...apparently Greipel and Hansen got a bet whether Sagan would win 8th stage. Greipel lost so he obligated to ride one lap in Paris dressed in bermuda shorts and wearing flip-flops instead of bike-shoes.
:D:D:D
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
Boonen is right on the money there. I'd be very surprised if we don't see Sagan winning at least one classic this year.
 
Feb 7, 2011
20
0
0
Which race was it last year, where Sagan crashed in a downhill right turn?
I can't remember, but i have it in my eyes.
 

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
669
0
0
Official Peter Sagan Thread.

Couldn't find the thread for this chap so i will make one



So Sagan comes second in a massive race he really should have won he could have positioned himself in a good spot instead of making that rediculous early sprint because he thought his escape buddies were no threat to him.

Think he'll win it next year? :)
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Whats his schedule towards to Vlaanderen?

Btw.I think next year he will have another chance to win MSR,and few years after too

Edit:Sorry for post,better post this in the old thread,mods can delete this one
 

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
669
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
Why wouldn't he be in with a solid chance next year. He was clearly the strongest rider today and he will likely be the strongest rider next year.

But winning MSR is often about small things.
I actually thought ian Stannard was the strongest rider in this years race but i guess you are entitled to your opinion as i am entitled to mine.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
HiCadence said:
I actually thought ian Stannard was the strongest rider in this years race but i guess you are entitled to your opinion as i am entitled to mine.
Stannard was strong, but the way Sagan rode on the Poggio and its descent was impressive. It should have given him the win, but Ciolek was just smarter and strong enough to follow on the Capi, and bringing his superior top speed to the finish. His loss has nothing to do with being an annoying piece of crap.(which he isn't imo)
 

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
669
0
0
No real surprise though is it? Everyone knows Sagan's descending and hill climbing abilities are exceptional.

But Stannard fought to the bitter end even though he knew he was going to be outsprinted by 4 other riders.
 
Pentacycle said:
Stannard was strong, but the way Sagan rode on the Poggio and its descent was impressive. It should have given him the win, but Ciolek was just smarter and strong enough to follow on the Capi, and bringing his superior top speed to the finish. His loss has nothing to do with being an annoying piece of crap.(which he isn't imo)
This is just one more finale which Sagan is involved in. By the end of this year he will have gained experience from another 10 or so.
 

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
669
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
This is just one more finale which Sagan is involved in. By the end of this year he will have gained experience from another 10 or so.
Let's hope he finally stops under-estimating evey rider he battles with eh?

I think he's let his ego go to his head a little bit by taking on what canc has said about him.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
HiCadence said:
Let's hope he finally stops under-estimating evey rider he battles with eh?

I think he's let his ego go to his head a little bit by taking on what canc has said about him.
Look, what's the big deal here? Sagan went with ~200m to go, thinking Chavanel would have much more speed. He found himself on the front, but Ciolek was faster.

He did try to escape the group(and especially Ciolek) attacking solo, but was reeled in by Fabian.(probably a respect kind of thing) There was a 90% chance this group was going to sprint ftw, he did everything well considering the experience he's built up over the years and his own strenghts. Has nothing to do with a giant ego.
 

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
669
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
Cancellara trying to play mind games with young Sagan? I guess we will have to see how the next battle is settled. Bring on RVV.
Pentacycle said:
Look, what's the big deal here? Sagan went with ~200m to go, thinking Chavanel would have much more speed. He found himself on the front, but Ciolek was faster.

He did try to escape the group(and especially Ciolek) attacking solo, but was reeled in by Fabian.(probably a respect kind of thing) There was a 90% chance this group was going to sprint ftw, he did everything well considering the experience he's built up over the years and his own strenghts. Has nothing to do with a giant ego.
Ofcourse it was his big fat ego that cost him the race, the logical thing to do was to get on Chavanel's wheel if he felt that Chavanel was going for the sprint but he must have thought that would have been far too easy instead going for a long one and then making a stupid gesture/celebration would have been the perfect icing on the cake.

Looks like that little plan backfired in his face eh?
 
HiCadence said:
Ofcourse it was his big fat ego that cost him the race, the logical thing to do was to get on Chavanel's wheel if he felt that Chavanel was going for the sprint but he must have thought that would have been far too easy instead going for a long one and then making a stupid gesture/celebration would have been the perfect icing on the cake.

Looks like that little plan backfired in his face eh?
meh, its called lack of experience. He will only get tactically smarter moving forward and his ego will likely grow too.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts