• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
peter-sagan.jpg

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I look at Sagan and see a phenom, a freak who is so good on a bike he looks invincible. But I also think it's the innocence of youth, a fearlessness and unthinking approach to the sport that makes him extra strong.

Interesting to see his numbers compared to EBH, you wonder if EBH has lost a degree of that youthful exuberance and recklessness and sheer self-belief.

Best thing about watching Sagan is just how much he bloody well enjoys himself doing it.

Tom Boonen at Sagan's current age had only 1.078 points though I suspect that it was harder to break through at an early age back then.

Some more numbers

Sky scores awfully low

Bradley Wiggins 209
Rigoberto Uran 2.065
Geraint Thomas 706
Richie Porte 338
Sergio Henao 1.585
Chris Froome 559

Mark Cavendish 3.942

I don't quite get why he's racing De Panne. Surely he doesn't need more races to ride himself into form? After Harelbeke and G-W I'd think his best preparation for De Ronde would be couple of days in a jacuzzi?

TomasC said:
I don't quite get why he's racing De Panne. Surely he doesn't need more races to ride himself into form? After Harelbeke and G-W I'd think his best preparation for De Ronde would be couple of days in a jacuzzi?

iirc he did de panne last year and won like a stage or two then abandoned,i guess he prefers racing to training

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
wwabbit said:
Maybe the ones complaining about Sagan's wheelies complain about the pistol gestures too?

Haha people have been complaining about the pistol gesture for a loooon time. Esp back when Contador won everything.

TRENDING THREADS