• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
He said he considers to race Fleche after Amstel. Normally, one should advise him to even do Liege, when you saw him how he did in this Liege-like stage in Tirreno.

Only problem could be that he´s in shape since mid February, and that he could be on decline by then, but he rests for two weeks after Flanders, so why not?

I think he is doing Brabantse Pijl before Amstel so not even 2 weeks rest. It says so on his website anyway.

RHRH19861986 said:
He´ll also do GP Denain 1.1 today. Then two days rest, Amstel, and maybe FW.

Strange. Wins Brabant yesterday, and chooses two days of rest only for Amstel.

considering the only opponent there is Voecker for him, he considers it as resting. But seriously, I could find the profile of that race and he will maybe just take it easy. And then, he will end winning it probably, just somehow :)

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
common- he needs a breaK!!! He'll be burned by june riding at this rate!!!-damn

The principal reason for his absent on the Ardennes is because of the TOCalifornia-cuz Cannondale is going to dry up every bit of his existence for sponsorship duties..... sad indeed:mad:

It looks to me as he knows what he is doing, it's possible to hold top form for a very long time you just need to be a bit careful

Hugo Koblet said:
They could send Viviani instead. He should be good enough to win some sprints. Perhaps even let Moser go as well.

Have you seen the profile of the stages? Viviani has the chance maybe in first, and that's with if and than maybe in last stage. Moser I don't know, it would depend on his form. With sagan, they have pretty good chance on four or five stages, three is a must.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
He should definitely skip that 1.1 race today, do all three Ardennes classics, skip Tour of Cali and just focus on the Tour.

I agree with this, he still has good form right now and as of yet, isn't showing signs of fatigue. It would be wise to take that good form and use it at all 3 of the Ardennes. If nothing more then to just see how he would handle them. It would be smarter IMO then trying to prolong his current form all the way to Cali and then to the Tour.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
tomorrow said:
Have you seen the profile of the stages? Viviani has the chance maybe in first, and that's with if and than maybe in last stage. Moser I don't know, it would depend on his form. With sagan, they have pretty good chance on four or five stages, three is a must.

Have you seen the first stage? http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19981

Does 10K feet of climbing sounds like a sprinters stage? I rode the entire stage many times and it aint easy. After Palomar, there will be a small group and you can expect more attacks on Cole Grade. (short but steep)

Actually the first three stages are pretty brutal and most people around here doesnt realize that and is still referring to ToC as some kind of easy race for sprinters.

And there WILL be crashes on first stage descending from Mesa Grande. Mark my words!

Jancouver said:
Have you seen the first stage? http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19981

Does 10K feet of climbing sounds like a sprinters stage? I rode the entire stage many times and it aint easy. After Palomar, there will be a small group and you can expect more attacks on Cole Grade. (short but steep)

Actually the first three stages are pretty brutal and most people around here doesnt realize that and is still referring to ToC as some kind of easy race for sprinters.

And there WILL be crashes on first stage descending from Mesa Grande. Mark my words!

well I said maybe, and that maybe was like 5 %, because the big hills are in the first half of the stage, I doubt the GC guys will go some crazy pace there, so actually it might end up in bunch sprint. If you could read the irony with which I was writing it than you would probably understood :p

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
tomorrow said:
well I said maybe, and that maybe was like 5 %, because the big hills are in the first half of the stage, I doubt the GC guys will go some crazy pace there, so actually it might end up in bunch sprint. If you could read the irony with which I was writing it than you would probably understood :p

I hear what you are saying, I just want to make it clear that there is no "maybe" for the stage one. :D

I dont think they will be riding the first stage easy at all, the local continental teams will go crazy to show off and score some jerseys. :cool:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
del1962 said:
So PS suffered from cramp today, does he have a problem with longer races in warmer weather or is he just running out of steam?

Probably just running out of steam, he's been riding competitively since January. I doubt there are many who are really negatively effected by warm weather.

Afrank said:
Probably just running out of steam, he's been riding competitively since January. I doubt there are many who are really negatively effected by warm weather.

Well from what i hear he was still pretty epic on Wednsday. Dont see how he can go from awessome to totally burnt out in 4 days. With no racing in between neither.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Well from what i hear he was still pretty epic on Wednsday. Dont see how he can go from awessome to totally burnt out in 4 days. With no racing in between neither.

There was no weakness on his part on Wednesday. He was the one who did the pulling and brought back Van Avermaet in the end. It was his form here that cemented his favouritism for Amstel.

Agree with the above. You don't go from that, where Gilbert was the only rider able to match him going over the final climb to being burnt out today with a short space of time in between.

gooner said:
There was no weakness on his part on Wednesday. He was the one who did the pulling and brought back Van Avermaet in the end. It was his form here that cemented his favouritism for Amstel.

Agree with the above. You don't go from that, where Gilbert was the only rider able to match him going over the final climb to being burnt out today with a short space of time in between.

I also think so. Nevertheless, I never heard such excuse. Maybe he just forgot to eat and didn't want to let us now. Or anything. He should tell today, if he's riding FW. If he is, then it were some temporal problems yesterday, if not, then he needs more rest and training in warmer weather. None of the case does not necessarily imply loss of form, he might be just tired. He has like 30 racing days sof far, which is quite a lot.

The Hitch said:

1st: There was a race in between.

2nd: The length of the two races are quite different. If you are running out of steam, short races should suit you better than long races.

Netserk said:
1st: There was a race in between.

2nd: The length of the two races are quite different. If you are running out of steam, short races should suit you better than long races.

or : this race was just few hills more difficult then he can handle in this time of spring season ;)

It is funny to read the posts of few Sagan "fans". when he wins it is suspicious, when he loose it is even more suspicious, when he wheelsuck is wheelsucker, when he is wheelsucked is ignorant and overconfident or wheelsuckers are just smart, when he do some special victory celebrations he is respectless. He was stupid, spoiled, sexist, rapist, doper ….. I wait for first comment what kind of crybaby he is telling yesterday he was not competitive enough in last Cauberg mentioning the muscle crumping.
I am really enjoying it here - for me this forum is the bestseller.

SKSemtex said:
or : this race was just few hills more difficult then he can handle in this time of spring season ;)

It is funny to read the posts of few Sagan "fans". when he wins it is suspicious, when he loose it is even more suspicious, when he wheelsuck is wheelsucker, when he is wheelsucked is ignorant and overconfident or wheelsuckers are just smart, when he do some special victory celebrations he is respectless. He was stupid, spoiled, sexist, rapist, doper ….. I wait for first comment what kind of crybaby he is telling yesterday he was not competitive enough in last Cauberg mentioning the muscle crumping.
I am really enjoying it here - for me this forum is the bestseller.

you being an obvious unbiased source of opinions about sagan ;)

this race didn't have a few too many hills for him last year and the only different in the course is that the last lap is a bit easier and there are nearly 2k after the cauberg so the race suits him even more then it did last year.

i think he is simply past his peak form and needs nice and long rest until june/july

TRENDING THREADS