• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think Peter didn't realize what his is signing his life for. (deal with the devils, it comes with the territory). Nico roche is probably laughing all the way to the bank now, because he at least finally can get out of the russian dictator ownership who whines via twitter. Didn't Roche want more money and Oleg won't give it to him? I guess that's a blessing in disguise for him. And Peter? Poor that guy. Didn't he learn what happen w/ Contador previously?

I wonder, even if oleg continues, who other stars would be willing to sign with TS? EBH has turned down TS offer. Smart guy. Contador will be gone after 2015 and I believe some of his team mate will be too.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
SKSemtex said:
Sagan in my opinion do not give a **** what Olga is saying as a boss. Go in one ear and out the other. But he likes challengies. And Cali was a challenge - just on edge of his physical abilities. He won this one to make himself happy not to make Olga happy. Beating Olga - and Olga was beaten - ( he must look like an idiot today with his italian interview) is small bonus. I am sure he was sleeping with a smile yesterday.
Yep exactly.His form in ToC and GC victory has nothing to do with Oleg media shouts.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Jelantik said:
I think Peter didn't realize what his is signing his life for. (deal with the devils, it comes with the territory). Nico roche is probably laughing all the way to the bank now, because he at least finally can get out of the russian dictator ownership who whines via twitter. Didn't Roche want more money and Oleg won't give it to him? I guess that's a blessing in disguise for him. And Peter? Poor that guy. Didn't he learn what happen w/ Contador previously?

I wonder, even if oleg continues, who other stars would be willing to sign with TS? EBH has turned down TS offer. Smart guy. Contador will be gone after 2015 and I believe some of his team mate will be too.
I think Sagan was very smart and that was probably only one and last biggest contract in his cycling life :D .Who was stupid is Oleg because everyone knew Sagan 2014 is not Sagan 2012 version and probably never will be.Great timing and great deal for Sagan and fantastic job been done with his manager.
I just hope Oleg will not find any legal option to cut his salary and will need to pay every cent!
Anyway Sagan was still the best from all Saxo spring classic team(they didn't done any hard work for him.The same work done for him last Cannodale team) and if he will win big classic in future he needs at least one very strong guy next to him till finale.Sagan is just not Cancellara and maybe the best option will be buy for him Daniel Oss.

KGB said:
Jelantik said:

I think Sagan was very smart and that was probably only one and last biggest contract in his cycling life :D .Who was stupid is Oleg because everyone knew Sagan 2014 is not Sagan 2012 version and probably never will be.Great timing and great deal for Sagan and fantastic job been done with his manager.
I just hope Oleg will not find any legal option to cut his salary and will need to pay every cent!
Anyway Sagan was still the best from all Saxo spring classic team(they didn't done any hard work for him.The same work done for him last Cannodale team) and if he will win big classic in future he needs at least one very strong guy next to him till finale.Sagan is just not Cancellara and maybe the best option will be buy for him Daniel Oss.

Daniel Oss in his form of 2015 looks like an excellent idea. I still wonder what GVA Sagan and Oss could do together if Sagan is in BMC instead of TS.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
When your boss hints he's looking ways to cut your salary, despite a recent great victory, and the team overall is valued as a "toy" for the owner's amusement- You don't need any excuse at all to GTFO and find a new team, in which case, Peter will receive plenty of offers coming this July - perhaps not at the same salary rate, but most of all-without the aggravation....
Great victory...you mean California? That's no great victory.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
And Sagan did best in the stages I watched live. Obviously it's because I watched that he did well....

Our solar cells also produce more energy on the days I'm riding my bike. Must be because of me. After all, we all know that correlation and causation are the same.
Well and what with it?

Kokoso said:
hfer07 said:
When your boss hints he's looking ways to cut your salary, despite a recent great victory, and the team overall is valued as a "toy" for the owner's amusement- You don't need any excuse at all to GTFO and find a new team, in which case, Peter will receive plenty of offers coming this July - perhaps not at the same salary rate, but most of all-without the aggravation....

I understood your comments on Sagan when he was in Cannondale, but now? They are on one team. Jesus. You are so jealous that somebody from Slovakia just might be as good as your Czech superstar Roman. Amazing. Believe me. I am very very happy for each Roman success.

Obviously you did not see the stage on Mt Baldy. Even the haters like you shoud respect his performance there.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
SKSemtex said:
Kokoso said:
hfer07 said:

I understood your comments on Sagan when he was in Cannondale, but now? They are on one team. Jesus. You are so jealous that somebody from Slovakia just might be as good as your Czech superstar Roman. Amazing. Believe me. I am very very happy for each Roman success.

Obviously you did not see the stage on Mt Baldy. Even the haters like you shoud respect his performance there.
Well some of Czech people will never take it is better just leave it ;)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
hfer07 said:
Are you out of your mind? He has won a .HC climber stage race, that is great without any doubt.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Kokoso said:
hfer07 said:
Are you out of your mind? He has won a .HC climber stage race, that is great without any doubt.
If you consider this way, relative one I'd say, than yes, great victory reached with great style, indeed. Otherwise, California is no great victory nor it's climber's race (if it was, he'd never won).

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
ILovecycling said:
Kokoso said:
hfer07 said:
If you consider this way, relative one I'd say, than yes, great victory reached with great style, indeed. Otherwise, California is no great victory nor it's climber's race (if it was, he'd never won).
Landis, Levi, Rogers, Horner,Gesink,TJ,Wiggins...I forgot they're all complete roulers...omg why Rogers is pulling in mountains and is not saving himself for Jesolo stage? such a jerk that Andersen...oh and Im looking forward to those sprints at World ports, Kittel vs Gesink, this will be HUGE :eek: :eek:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:

well, I'm not surprise if Sagan wants to be out TS next year. This public display of Olga wanting to cut Sagan's salary is really plain disrespectful. Not very classy. I think this incident is damaging to the relationship between Olga vs Sagan. Just like Riis, I think at the end Sagan will leave. The relationship is getting sour by day.

Kokoso said:
ILovecycling said:
Kokoso said:
hfer07 said:
Splendid effort but Cali is not a GT nor a monument and therefore of little value w.r.t cycling

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, quite amusing that people thought winning the *** tour of california would make up for getting annihilated in every big one day race he attempted.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Sagan might miss the Tour because he's not being selected? Apparently!
http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/sagan_to_miss_the_tour_de_france/

Nothing wrong with that, surely he would have specified in his great contract as to whether there is a race he must be allowed to go to, and if he didn't, well, that's just too bad then. Team calls the shots.

The journalist who wrote the story changed his article last night, as Michael Valgren pointed out on twitter, that he was being paraphrased, after which the journalist conceded and corrected it to saying that Valgren is competing with Sagan, Bodnar, Bennati and others (virtually everyone) for the tour spot.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
but philosophically, it's a nice byzantine idea for the big fat revnenge - do not bring the guy to the race so that you can later use the argument that did not win anything to cut his salary (also before: negligible team support in big races where other teams come with full ammo, then big mouth about "my meeelion dolla' toy is bwoken")... you have to love these mental kids who got accidentally rich

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Let's not mistake effect for cause here. The reason Sagan hasn't won anything is because he isn't good enough. Not because of anything Tinkov did (except possibly paying him too much, reducing his hunger and dedication)

This might hypothetically lead his employer to do some legal performance based adjustments, like making him work in the TdF, or not even select him, as his right (as opposed to, say, downgrading salary, which is illegal with the contracts ion place).

What would be unfair is to fail to bring him to a race and then complain he didn't win it.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
According to me, it would be a mistake to let Sagan at home during the Tour, he could be decisive on the cobbles to protect Contador like Cancellara did with Andy in 2010.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Sagan doesn't go for green and purely rides for contador, well that's one hell of a dom. Especially the tour has some tricky stages where sagan can be extremely useful.

TRENDING THREADS