• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah Sagan finally got the train rolling again, its oldschool crushing time when the Tour comes. Return of the Tourminator #FCKINGCONFIRMED #GETHYPE

PrSocQf.jpg

SKSemtex said:
I used to love Russia, had been there probably 10 times, but I am scared now as milions people in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia. Killing and aresting oposition is just a beginning. Thanks GOD we are in EU and NATO now and 68 will not happen anymore. Ok I finish this convarsation as it does not belong here. OK for you money does not smell, for me does.

You gotta be a Sagan fan to post such crap. :rolleyes:

1968 in my country brought imbecility and frivolousness to our society, which means produced Sagan. It was entertainment business opening up some new markets in traditional Euro society where they never could hope to sell... Pier Paolo Pasolini was very quick to notice it. 68 won't happen anymore but a reversed 68 is going to happen and I'll be there.

NATO is waging war everywhere in the world, dude. The EU is the worst continental zone in terms of economic growth, right? 25% unemployment, cool, thank God we are there... We no longer produce anything because this sh*t encourages relocation abroad ... :rolleyes:

And of course, arresting political opponents also happens.

Gigs_98 said:
I think it was a mistake to go to saxo. He would have won this stage if he hadn't worked for AC and he would be my favorite for tuesday too if he would still ride for cannondale. Sagan as a domestique is just a waste of potential.

Huge for Contador though. At 45km to go, Sagan was the difference between AC being back with Nibali and AC being in the front group (and then the front group probably wouldn't have stayed out with both Tinkoff and Astana riding behind them)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I think it was a mistake to go to saxo. He would have won this stage if he hadn't worked for AC and he would be my favorite for tuesday too if he would still ride for cannondale. Sagan as a domestique is just a waste of potential.

In terms of his palmares, of course it was a mistake. Even without team support, if he was freed from having to work for Contador, he could do really well this Tour. But he is well compensated for it and it was his choice.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm convinced from today that Sagan can win at least 2 stages this Tour. Today he was able to help Contador and sprint to second, probably would have won if he wasn't on the white paint or had the mechanical.

Tinkoff have to give him some freedom and he should get that on the flat/hilly stages.

Re:

Squirbos_19 said:
I'm convinced from today that Sagan can win at least 2 stages this Tour. Today he was able to help Contador and sprint to second, probably would have won if he wasn't on the white paint or had the mechanical.

Tinkoff have to give him some freedom and he should get that on the flat/hilly stages.

He´ll have the freedom tomorrow, yellow would mean to have the team car go as the first, and that is desired for tuesday. on the other hand, héll probably look after bertie on tuesday which will mean he won´t win.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah he should have freedom tomorrow, after all there's not much teammates can do on the Mur de Huy, he could move a lot closer to Cancellara in GC and take the jersey on the cobbles or in the following days.

I think Tinkoff will try and set up a situation where Contador can gain time like Nibali last year and also give Sagan a shot at the stage. Not sure how exactly they'll do this, but I doubt Sagan will have to ride 100% for Contador. I could be wrong though.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
Netserk said:
For team car position it makes sense to have Sagan doing his best tomorrow.
Netserk do you know if the team car position is based on GC or team classification?
If it is like last year then it is the team's best rider's GC position that matter.
Thanks, let's hope he does well then :) I think Alberto will do very well too but he's a bit too far down to move into the top 5 overall

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Contador wins this tour sagan might be the biggest reason why. Looked fantastic today.

At one point the gap was 50 sec, then sagan pulled and it was 58 suddenly :p

TRENDING THREADS