• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Punkan said:
He seems to be in excellent shape.

Pretty vague given I'm going purely on visuals, but I just suggested in the race thread for tomorrow that he looks like he might have bulked up a little? He certainly seems to have found a bit more raw speed again in the past few weeks. Will be interesting to see how he goes on the uphill sprints.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Electress said:
Lovely to see Sagan in this kind of form. I hope he'll take yellow tomorrow. It'd be great for the team - and for him with Olga - advantage in the cobbles.

No chance on gaining 33 sec on Fabu tomorrow. Fabian looked pretty lean today and I'm sure he will do his best to keep the jersey for a few days.

Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Electress said:
Lovely to see Sagan in this kind of form. I hope he'll take yellow tomorrow. It'd be great for the team - and for him with Olga - advantage in the cobbles.

No chance on gaining 33 sec on Fabu tomorrow. Fabian looked pretty lean today and I'm sure he will do his best to keep the jersey for a few days.

Sadly, you're almost certainly right. Still, a girl can dream.

PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:
I think it was a mistake to go to saxo. He would have won this stage if he hadn't worked for AC and he would be my favorite for tuesday too if he would still ride for cannondale. Sagan as a domestique is just a waste of potential.

Huge for Contador though. At 45km to go, Sagan was the difference between AC being back with Nibali and AC being in the front group (and then the front group probably wouldn't have stayed out with both Tinkoff and Astana riding behind them)

48k, meh

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Sagan was awesome today, that pull at 34.10 in the video to bridge the gap was critical for Contador, then to come back after his puncture and nearly win the stage ! With Sagan for the cobbles, if Froome has a problem Alberto could have the tour sewn up before the mountains ! Something no one could have thought. Although Contador doesn't look at his best at the min he never loses a one to two minute lead once he's got it.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Sagan is probably going to start checking his loaded bank account every day to deal with the disappointment of having to be a domestique when in this form.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
HAIL the MONSTER!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
every Contador fan should be in this thread now!
I forgot an epic pic :D
hulk_monster_by_catastropheb32-d53kb3m.jpg

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
He's like that little kid who's so gifted but literally just fools around. He was seen all over the peloton and at one stage looked like he was sitting up, then pulls Contador back up and then finished second in the sprint after Martin won. Amazing
it was crazy, and he almost sprinted for the win then :eek: :D

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes, so great. What was he doing at the back of the group when there's a Tony Martin in it who isn't much of a sprinter, but can a little time trial? Would also have been in Contador's interest if Froome kept the yellow jersey for now.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
It's almost like when Cancellara was a completely helper for Andy Schleck.

Respect to Sagan for that kind of loyalty, but his job is now done for the first part.

He can now focus on stage wins on the next 3 days, and maybe even on stage 8. And then it's time to go full monster again in the TTT.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Just bumping Sagan's thread up the board :D, after his monster selfless performances so far for TinkOff and Contador he deserves to stay on the front page. I think he's going to be a massive help in the TTT, the team might be able to close that whole 36 second gap to Sky, maybe even be able to get ahead.

Re:

Ludwig's Olaf said:
Yes, so great. What was he doing at the back of the group when there's a Tony Martin in it who isn't much of a sprinter, but can a little time trial? Would also have been in Contador's interest if Froome kept the yellow jersey for now.

well, him being at the back might have something to do with the fact that he nearly brought back contador, and rest of his group back to froome and and nibali group, alone. And that was on like 1km on cobbles and then 2-3 kms on road, where he wen't full throttle. He actually said after the stage, that hand't the pace eased a little bit after the groups had come to together, he would have been dropped

TRENDING THREADS