• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Was listening to a podcast who were pointing out Sagan's selfish riding and not been a domestic for AC yesterday?!?! guess I won't be listening to that podcast again.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Re:

justmeagain said:
Was listening to a podcast who were pointing out Sagan's selfish riding and not been a domestic for AC yesterday?!?! guess I won't be listening to that podcast again.

How can anyone watching the same tour as me say the Sagan is being selfish !! He's been bloody amazing for Contador.

Brullnux said:
2012 sagan is making a comeback :D

Not only in form, but he seems pretty happy! That kidding around is back as well, which disapered last year, when he seemed a bit morose and frustrated. I honestly think he might enjoy not being the team leader and having all the scrutiny and pressure, yet he's still getting a lot of both direct and reflected glory. I should imagine it is quite a change to be in a team with a big GC hope, maybe he's enjoying that experience? But man, he's still ridiculously young and ridiculously good. I hope he gets some stage wins (and the green jersey!)

That was a monster sprint today ! Wow. I thought he was a bit boxed in then he just burst out of nowhere.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Count me in! Big Fan!

The guy is a beast...playing a pretty amazing and useful role for AC and TS. Will be super useful in TT and Descents. Should be consistent enough easily (looking at him), to pick up the Green by the end of the Tour.

I also think this is a great GC experience for Sagan. He will learn a lot from AC and it may help him to a Yellow someday. That would be freakin awesome! Who knows, maybe AC will ride super dom in 2017 tour (after winning the 100th ed of the Giro) and help him to the podium or better :)

sunnyIce said:
Count me in! Big Fan!

The guy is a beast...playing a pretty amazing and useful role for AC and TS. Will be super useful in TT and Descents. Should be consistent enough easily (looking at him), to pick up the Green by the end of the Tour.

I also think this is a great GC experience for Sagan. He will learn a lot from AC and it may help him to a Yellow someday. That would be freakin awesome! Who knows, maybe AC will ride super dom in 2017 tour (after winning the 100th ed of the Giro) and help him to the podium or better :)
:eek: I'm a big fan of Sagan's as well, but the day he comes close to winning a yellow jersey in the TdF would be the day I retire from watching cycling.

DFA123 said:
sunnyIce said:
Count me in! Big Fan!

:eek: I'm a big fan of Sagan's as well, but the day he comes close to winning a yellow jersey in the TdF would be the day I retire from watching cycling.

Tbf, if Sagan ever comes close to winning yellow, it's pretty obvious most other contenders aren't doping ;)

DFA123 said:
sunnyIce said:
Count me in! Big Fan!

Why? :rolleyes:
He's a better stage racer/climber now than Wiggins was before 2009 Tour and Froome before 2011 Vuelta.
It wouldn't suit his talents, obviously, but it's not that ridiculous a thought.

Cance > TheRest said:
DFA123 said:
sunnyIce said:
Count me in! Big Fan!

Why? :rolleyes:
He's a better stage racer/climber now than Wiggins was before 2009 Tour and Froome before 2011 Vuelta.
It wouldn't suit his talents, obviously, but it's not that ridiculous a thought.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm not referring to doping (for one, it doesn't belong in the forum). The point is that if an entertaining, attacking rider like Sagan - potentially one of the great classics riders, who lights up the vast majority of races he enters - turns into a stick thin figure trying to take a few seconds here and there in the last couple of km of a mountain stage, cycling will lose a lot of it's appeal for me.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see Sagan dedicate a year to just sprinting ...see how good he could get.
Then after he has done that drop the weight and see if he can compete in the high mountains .....He's a monster on a bike. He seems like he could have it all.
Like a Fab on drugs :D

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I think Sagan is making a lot of new fans in this Tour, me included. He's a big name yet works tirelessly for the team and Contador then heads up the road when they've passed the 3km mark knowing Contador is now safe and goes for points or the win. Really hope he wins tomorrow. If he ends up in green by the end of the Tour he'll be my rider of the Tour second only to Contador if he pulls of the double.