• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 116 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
More than half the sprint field does worse crap than Sagam, who I rarely see mixed up in this sort of things, but Greipel still feels the need to say that.
Greipel said that yesterday I think, so that would make you wrong.

Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
BigMac said:
More than half the sprint field does worse crap than Sagam, who I rarely see mixed up in this sort of things, but Greipel still feels the need to say that.
I also think that, but not entirely sure. Greipel is the only one who actually dares to say something bad about Sagan and he should be respected for that.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:
I also think that, but not entirely sure. Greipel is the only one who actually dares to say something bad about Sagan and he should be respected for that.

Greipels also just sat down and watched the replays: "Sometimes I should watch images before I say something. Apologies to @petosagan as I think that decision of the judge is too hard."

Edit: Considering he has to sprint with these guys I think Greipel would have an expert opinion on this.

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Where wanted Cavendish to go? The place he dived into isn't something you would call a gap, right?

Sagan was equally at fault, what he did has nothing to do with sportmanship and was dirty and cheating. His DQ is maybe too much, I personally are 50/50 split between DQ or no DQ right now, but this really was stupid. When riders are going between 60 and 70 KM in a sprint it's a serious dumb and dangerous thing to do what Sagan did, especially against a driver who is positioned in the corner.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

deValtos said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:

Greipels also just sat down and watched the replays: "Sometimes I should watch images before I say something. Apologies to @petosagan as I think that decision of the judge is too hard."

Well done Greipel. It also may explain a lack of anger from Cav who is usually foaming at the mouth when wronged.

Valv.Piti said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:
I usually respect Greipel, but I have to say it's funny that it's coming from Greipel. Of all sprinters, he's probably the most careful, so his angle is obviously also problematic as hell and should be read with that in mind

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Cance > TheRest said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:
I usually respect Greipel, but I have to say it's funny that it's coming from Greipel. Of all sprinters, he's probably the most careful, so his angle is obviously also problematic as hell and should be read with that in mind

See Greipels comments he just posted, he apologised to Sagan once he saw the videos.

Re:

Screecher said:
He can´t appeal it so what´s done is done. We should just get over it and stop making it more dramatic than it really is. He did win a stage, so it´s not exactly a distaster. And it´s not the end of the season either.

The decision is final but that didn't stop the jury to change it half an hour later

Re:

Screecher said:
He can´t appeal it so what´s done is done. We should just get over it and stop making it more dramatic than it really is. He did win a stage, so it´s not exactly a distaster. And it´s not the end of the season either.

I think we as fans have the right to an opinion on this. The punishment is extremely harsh and has a HUGE impact on the rest of the enjoyment of this 3 week race. It sucks. Very hard just to move on and get over it.

Melo said:
Gorecki said:

After this replay I can say that Cav **** up. The Sagan DQ is bogus. Cav took a risk to go on that tight space between Sagan and the barrier and he paid for it.

That video shows that Cavendish actually swerved into Sagan to avoid a fan who had their arms extended over the barriers, in Cavendish's path. Once he moved to his left making contact with Sagan, his fall began.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

deValtos said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:

See Greipels comments he just posted, he apologised to Sagan once he saw the videos.

I wonder how many former sprinters make up the jury.......

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
deValtos said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kokoso said:
BigMac said:

Well done Greipel. It also may explain a lack of anger from Cav who is usually foaming at the mouth when wronged.
Well Greipel doesn't say it wasn't Sagan's fault; he only says DQ was too much. You are jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Angliru said:
Melo said:
Gorecki said:

After this replay I can say that Cav **** up. The Sagan DQ is bogus. Cav took a risk to go on that tight space between Sagan and the barrier and he paid for it.

That video shows that Cavendish actually swerved into Sagan to avoid a fan who had their arms extended over the barriers, in Cavendish's path. Once he moved to his left making contact with Sagan, his fall began.

How can people be this ignorant?!
The clip starts after Sagan has pushed Cav to the right, forcing him to lean left to offset the angle of his bike. It is in no way representative of what happened. And your explanation is not accurate at all.

Sagan clearly at fault but as Cav said "that's racing". I thought the original penalty was a touch harsh, never mind the DQ. If Cav had somehow kept upright I doubt Sagan would have even have been stripped of his second place. Sagan was not the only one to weave in the sprint as Boardman pointed out. Sagan didnt help himself by saying he had to "defend himself" but his level of English means he could easily not have been referring to the elbow.

It looks like the race has lost two of its greatest talents and personalities in one unfortunate but likely not malicious incident. A rubbish day for the event.

Walkman said:
Angliru said:
Melo said:
Gorecki said:

The clip starts after Sagan has pushed Cav to the right, forcing him to lean left to offset the angle of his bike. It is in no way representative of what happened. And your explanation is not accurate at all.

rick james and you should get together. You've both cornered the market on ignorance.

I've watched multiple perspectives and it's clear to me. Your bias has distorted your ability to think clearly.

Angliru said:
Walkman said:
Angliru said:
Melo said:
Gorecki said:

rick james and you should get together. You've both cornered the market on ignorance.

I've watched multiple perspectives and it's clear to me. Your bias has distorted your ability to think clearly.
pot kettle black

Angliru said:
Melo said:
Gorecki said:

At the point that your video starts, PS has already moved over. Look at seconds 3 and 4, MC already has the line (he's not trying to squeeze as some have said), and PS comes over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0MgSNtiCI

TRENDING THREADS