• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 192 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Even with that, I doubt that even a rider with the profile of Sagan could come close to matching his road earnings riding gravel and exhibition stuff. I'm sure someone like Lachlan Morton is making about the same amount riding around winning endurance events, but then, I'm pretty sure Morton wasn't a high earner on the road in the first place.
Having a Sagan winning gravel races would add super visibility to any manufacturer. Bora would be able to accomplish the same thing unless their payroll still needed the help. EF, Trek have guys doing those events although I'm not sure Sagan could attract as much money from Cannondale or Trek manufacturers. He'd be a big hit in North America.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Having a Sagan winning gravel races would add super visibility to any manufacturer. Bora would be able to accomplish the same thing unless their payroll still needed the help. EF, Trek have guys doing those events although I'm not sure Sagan could attract as much money from Cannondale or Trek manufacturers. He'd be a big hit in North America.
Well it would depend, in part, on if Spesh think they're missing a trick by having the likes of Morton and Stetina racing around on other brands, or if they're happy with the exposure they're getting. And if they think the value Sagan brings is as someone who wins WT races and green/rainbow jerseys, rather than just someone who rides a bike.

Well it would depend, in part, on if Spesh think they're missing a trick by having the likes of Morton and Stetina racing around on other brands, or if they're happy with the exposure they're getting. And if they think the value Sagan brings is as someone who wins WT races and green/rainbow jerseys, rather than just someone who rides a bike.
Gravel bikes seem to be the hot market in the US now. Our road race scene is largely non-existent unless business parking lot crits count. The legal hurdles to open road racing are absurd and expensive so noone can promote an event. Gravel is easier and all of the same folks that had their expensive Rapha kits and trick road bikes are now sporting gray and flat green jersies on 30cm tires....on the road. They're dying for events and, while Bolder's take on MTB's decline is correct; roadies don't see that much difference and relish a more Hard-man image anyway.
Edit add: Cyclocross is huge in the Pacific NW and where most of the MTB folks congregate with their shaved roadie counterparts.

Last edited:
This was vintage Sagan at his best. I wonder where he found those climbing legs :D At first he was killing it when FDJ was pulling then he was catching guys which wanted to escape him.and then dropped them by one by one. Then he hold off Bilbao and peloton which wasnt slow either. Then rainbow came when he was crossing the line solo. I really hope I am not sleeping because I will be really pi**ed if this is a dream :tearsofjoy: Definitely his biggest GT win and one of the best performances ever.

TRENDING THREADS