• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 197 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Better than feared, absolutely. He looked horrible at Tirreno, but I still don't think he will contend any Classics.

I'm just really disappointed with another wasted spring. Before he got covid, I really thought he'd be in good (not amazing) shape now.
I'm still hoping. He was among the first 15 over Poggio, not far from GVA, whos form seems pretty good.

I'm sure a weeks racing in Spain will bring him at a competitive level, although it's hard to see him or anyone else compete with the CX superstars.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan and Keram
He is entering the later stage of his career.

Picking his targets and day in a race to really go for it might yield more wins, than trying to contest every sprint in a race or consistently trying to be up there in every race he takes part in. Ride more races as preparation.

I mean for the most part of his career when he hasnt had the best day, he has still been there fighting and making a decent result and still been able to go at it the next day or race. Instead of fighting for "just" a decent result, maybe better to not see it through that day or race. Go at it the next day or race.

Less top 10s and podiums... but maybe more wins.

Like what him seeing so far here. 4th MSR. Win here in Catalunya. Thats a good start, after a delayed start to the season. :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
He is entering the later stage of his career.

Picking his targets and day in a race to really go for it might yield more wins, than trying to contest every sprint in a race or consistently trying to be up there in every race he takes part in. Ride more races as preparation.

I mean for the most part of his career when he hasnt had the best day, he has still been there fighting and making a decent result and still been able to go at it the next day or race. Instead of fighting for "just" a decent result, maybe better to not see it through that day or race. Go at it the next day or race.

Less top 10s and podiums... but maybe more wins.

Like what him seeing so far here. 4th MSR. Win here in Catalunya. Thats a good start, after a delayed start to the season. :)

I really hope he won't go down that road.

And it's not like he has done that here in Catalunya, the other stages have simply been too tough for him.

He has to adapt to the times.

For a few years he was just that much better, than everyone else.

There were only a couple of guys that could beat him. Had he been better tactically, he might have won more during those years.

Now there is a probably a dozen of guys that are on the same level that could win the big races if they have their day. More unpredictable.

Picking his moment and saving energy for big efforts just becomes more important. With better judgement for tactics.

I wonder if he might ride DDW on Wednesday, now that Roubaix looks likely to be cancelled. Matthew Walls has a number for that race still , but as he tested positive yesterday, presumably he won't be riding it now?

I have thought about it too (and the decision to go or not would have nothing to do with Walls whatsoever...), because otherwise De Ronde would be the very first cobbled classic for him in two years. On the other hand, his schedule has been tough the past two and a half weeks and he may be better off recovering until next Sunday.

TRENDING THREADS