• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 208 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The only reason I can see why he would go to Total is that he doesn't have the big motivation to fight for wins anymore. My interpretation would be he takes the money, takes care of the people around him and prepares retirement or a second career as a gravel racer or ambassador or whatever.
Okay, Turgis has been pretty good this season, but otherwise... in my eyes they are tactically rather clueless and have a tendency to punish their riders by forcing them to ride on the front because they missed a break.
This is not a team for Sagan. :( Hopefully I'm wrong with everything here.

The only reason I can see why he would go to Total is that he doesn't have the big motivation to fight for wins anymore. My interpretation would be he takes the money, takes care of the people around him and prepares retirement or a second career as a gravel racer or ambassador or whatever.
Okay, Turgis has been pretty good this season, but otherwise... in my eyes they are tactically rather clueless and have a tendency to punish their riders by forcing them to ride on the front because they missed a break.
Agreed. I hate this choice so much! DQS would have been a much better team if he wanted to win more rather than just earn a sh*t ton of money.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The reason is money. How else is he and his brother going to afford cars like this. :joycat:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNngSm3B0Ho/

According to a few sources it's a done deal. Personally I dislike it but ultimately the team doesn't matter that much as long as he can be his old self again.

He probably should've swallowed his pride and gone to Quickstep to enjoy the traditional QS renaissance.
I don't think DQS was a real option anyway. Sagan is dragging whole his ensemble wherever he's going: his brother Juraj, Erik Baska (both subpar riders for WT imho), his DS, his soigneur, etc. Not many teams are willing or have a room to accept that...

I don't think DQS was a real option anyway. Sagan is dragging whole his ensemble wherever he's going: his brother Juraj, Erik Baska (both subpar riders for WT imho), his DS, his soigneur, etc. Not many teams are willing or have a room to accept that...
Who are we really kidding though. His Specialized funding alone probably covers that. Get a 2nd bus with that kind of funding.

The team has done him no favours - Caught COVID at the beginning of February which put him out of action for a month - A rushed preparation in March and April to get ready for the Giro and then a short turn around to the TDF - Simply he's been over-raced since he caught COVID.
Doing the Giro Tour double makes no sense for a classics rider, even if he missed a lot of the classics, he's now stuck JRA for the next two weeks unless he gets in the break on a transition stage. Even then no one will want to work with him in the last 20k.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt

No team with aspirations would be prepared to put up with that; one, maybe two, but a whole group is ridiculous.....

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Who would have thought two other sprinters would compete to have the greatest "impact" on the Tour? Colbrelli and Ewan managed to wreck the GC and Green jersey battle with their riding.
Not sure about Colbrelli but Ewan's move basically gifted at least three stages AND the green jersey to Cav. Made for a huge story but damn, to think of all the exciting challenges we lost in that fraction of a second...

TRENDING THREADS