• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Physical signs of doping

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not to just pose a controversial/laughable concept, but seriously, what about the male member itself?
I've seen more than a few crowded locker rooms, but under the showers after a Superprestige I also-ran, I was rather impressed. Not the view you'd expect after an hour of near-zero temperatures in the seat.
After a club ride, in spite the level if racing, I'd feel much less bad for being lapped, if you know what I mean.

trompe le monde said:
Though I don't think it is so prevalent in cycling per se, a handy pic for those who choose to use steroids:

steroids.jpg

Is impotence a result of doping? Perhaps eventually, years later, but Joey said that the stuff he was taking gave him a libido of a teenager. Also many athletes are (according to tv and tabloids) party animals. The take peds, during work, ecstacy during party and cocaine to wake you up in the morning lifestyle is well documented in wrestling and nfl. Makes me suspicious of people like Tommy, and some footballers, who get caught with Cocaine.

I always got the impression that the drugs increased the performance, the drugs let them party all night, and the drugs enhanced the libido. It was a key part in the life

Years later the negatives come out.

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Kind of off track from my original idea... being signs we could potentially see in photographs. What about the days when cyclists constantly had aneurysms and such? It seemed like there was a rash of blood clots in lungs that were attributed to travel.

It seems to have gone away with the stricter controls, but I wonder how many cyclists had them? I seem to recall a couple of American cyclists years back.

Marcus135 said:
To suggest Evans is or has been doping is stupid. He is known to be one of the cleanest riders in the peleton and there is no way that he has been. Armstrong has some linkages to it i will agree but to suggest Evans is stupid and incorrect.

This is the clinic. A forum for discussing doping in a sport where by all accounts the vast majority of dopers never get caught and your saying its "stupid" for us to "suggest" that 1 of the top top riders in a era notorious for its ped use is doping:eek:

You got some balls you know that.

But in case you didnt know in 2008 Cuddles beat Kohl, Ricco and Frank Schleck in the TOur among others. Quite comprehensively actually. Ricco tested positive for CERA. Frank Schleck was caught giving sums you could buy a house with, to Europes hottest (in terms of police attention) blood doctor. Kohl not only got caught, but went on to say that it is impossible to compete in the TOur without PEDs. Others have echoed this.

But no. Stupid of us to suggest Kohl might just could have been telling the truth. Stupid of us to suggest that, considering everyone else was getting a 15% boost from peds, Cuddles might have been doing the same in beating them. :rolleyes:

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
washedup said:
Kind of off track from my original idea... being signs we could potentially see in photographs. What about the days when cyclists constantly had aneurysms and such? It seemed like there was a rash of blood clots in lungs that were attributed to travel.

It seems to have gone away with the stricter controls, but I wonder how many cyclists had them? I seem to recall a couple of American cyclists years back.

Or was it a rash of Pulmonary embolisms?

Funny, Indeed

The Hitch said:
This is the clinic. A forum for discussing doping in a sport where by all accounts the vast majority of dopers never get caught and your saying its "stupid" for us to "suggest" that 1 of the top top riders in a era notorious for its ped use is doping:eek:

You got some balls you know that.

But in case you didnt know in 2008 Cuddles beat Kohl, Ricco and Frank Schleck in the TOur among others. Quite comprehensively actually. Ricco tested positive for CERA. Frank Schleck was caught giving sums you could buy a house with, to Europes hottest (in terms of police attention) blood doctor. Kohl not only got caught, but went on to say that it is impossible to compete in the TOur without PEDs. Others have echoed this.

But no. Stupid of us to suggest Kohl might just could have been telling the truth. Stupid of us to suggest that, considering everyone else was getting a 15% boost from peds, Cuddles might have been doing the same in beating them. :rolleyes:[/QUOT

Are you trying to enforce groupthink? That would kill this site.
Are you flamebaiting? Sure looks like it.
Are you engaging in ad hominem attacks? Definitely.

Your entire argument is premised on the assumption that a clean rider cannot beat a doper. Your authority for this 'insight'? The statements of a dope cheat with HUGE motivation to rationalize his behavior.

Maybe a clean rider cannot beat a peloton infused with dopers, but your mean-spirited empty rant did nothing to further discussion.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
Not to just pose a controversial/laughable concept, but seriously, what about the male member itself?
I've seen more than a few crowded locker rooms, but under the showers after a Superprestige I also-ran, I was rather impressed. Not the view you'd expect after an hour of near-zero temperatures in the seat.
After a club ride, in spite the level if racing, I'd feel much less bad for being lapped, if you know what I mean.

Did they have a closet in that locker room? Because I think you just came out of it.

MarkvW said:
Are you trying to enforce groupthink? That would kill this site.
Are you flamebaiting? Sure looks like it.
Are you engaging in ad hominem attacks? Definitely.

Maybe a clean rider cannot beat a peloton infused with dopers, but your mean-spirited empty rant did nothing to further discussion.

You say i engaged in ad hominem. THe adhominem came from the post i was responding to not my post . Read it again. Marcus says " it is stupid to suggest Evans doped". He used the word stupid not me. Please give me an example of where i used ad hominem :confused: ( saying he has big balls is a compliment :p)

Your entire argument is premised on the assumption that a clean rider cannot beat a doper. Your authority for this 'insight'? The statements of a dope cheat with HUGE motivation to rationalize his behavior.

Another misunderstanding on your part. I didnt say Evans is doping. I dont claim any authority, nor is there any theory or any logic behind it.

My point was, if you look at it, that we have the RIGHT to SPECULATE that people dope.

Marcus said it was stupid to even suggest that Evans doped. The logic behind this is that Evans is "known to be one of the cleanest riders in the peleton" whatever that means :confused:. He also says "and there is no way that he has been."

Once again

My argument " we have the RIGHT to speculate that cyclists dope"

His argument " it is stupid to suggest Evans doped.... there is no way he has been"

Which is the more absolutist argument? THe one that says there is " NO WAY" Evans doped or the one that says we merely have the right to suggest it.

WHich one contains the ad homiem attacks, the one which calls others STUPID or the one which jests that the oponent has big balls - metaphor for courage?

You also attack the premise for my argument. Putting aside for one second that i didnt make the argument in the first place, look at the premise of the argument of the guy you are defending. -

Argument - Evans is 100% clean. It is "stupid" to "suggest" otherwise.

Evidence for this - " He is known to be one of the cleanest riders in the peleton".

Kind of reminds me of the arguments for the sun revolving around the world. I know this 100%. How do i know this? Because everone knows this.:rolleyes:

Oh and regarding this

mean-spirited empty rant

I implore you to tell me where my post was mean spirtied or ad hominem.

Alternatively an apology is welcome too.

_Zipp0_ said:
Did they have a closet in that locker room? Because I think you just came out of it.

Ah, you're not too shy to make the obvious joke. Good for you.

Go shave your legs, wear some body tight spandex and go join your friends for some manly male bonding.
If you're on a road bike, you're in no position to call the other guy gay.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Once again, I'm fairly certain Evans was popped for steroids in his former life as a VTT/MTB racer. Am I recalling something I may have 'heard', or did he test pos? Help me out, guys...

JMBeaushrimp said:
Once again, I'm fairly certain Evans was popped for steroids in his former life as a VTT/MTB racer. Am I recalling something I may have 'heard', or did he test pos? Help me out, guys...

You are "stupid" to "suggest" evans isnt clean. I know 100% that Evans has never doped. I know this because he is seen as a clean rider and because everyone knows this.

moreover, your post contains ad hominem and is mean spirited. Your premise doesnt make sence nor does your logic.

You are "stupid".

(all sarcasm, based on posts made by Markus and MarkvW)

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You are "stupid" to "suggest" evans isnt clean. I know 100% that Evans has never doped. I know this because he is seen as a clean rider and because everyone knows this.

moreover, your post contains ad hominem and is mean spirited. Your premise doesnt make sence nor does your logic.

You are "stupid".

(all sarcasm, based on posts made by Markus and MarkvW)

Haha! Nothing like nicely placed ironic sarcasm... That's actually one of my favourites! Well played, Hitch!

Anyway, back to my question - has anyone heard this? And I'm really not looking for answers from enraged, koala-humping fanboys. Thanks...

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

Can anyone find something to back this up? Would be a very big change to the Evans story.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
scribe said:
Tell me there aint something fishy going on here. Jawline is completely transformed...

greg_lemond_by_graham_watson.jpg
amd_greg-lemond1.jpg

Ha, it's a bit fishy that he manages to look like a 45 year old when he's 28. Any research been done on the effect of steriods on aging?