• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Physical therapist for Cyclist

Dec 1, 2022
Visit site
Anyone know of a good physical therapist who is experienced with cyclists in North Edmonton, Canada preferably outside main city?

I've been riding my CAAD10 for a couple of years now after a 20 year hiatus from cycling. I injured by back a month and a half ago and despite rest and low impact strengthening and stretching the soreness refuses to go away. So my doctor recommended I see a physical therapist. Also, I've never had a bike fitting.

Will most physical therapists be OK or should I find one who has experience with cyclists? I think it may be time for a fitting. Should I do it sooner or wait until my sore back feels better? It doesn't prevent me from riding but it does prevent me from riding hard.

Also, as far as fitters go, any reason I might choose Steve Carre over Nate Loyal.

Thanks.

Dec 1, 2022
Visit site
Anyone know of a good physical therapist who is experienced with cyclists in North Edmonton, Canada preferably outside main city?

I've been riding my CAAD10 for a couple of years now after a 20 year hiatus from cycling. I injured by back a month and a half ago and despite rest and low impact strengthening and stretching the soreness refuses to go away. So my doctor recommended I see a physical therapist. Also, I've never had a bike fitting.

Will most physical therapists be OK or should I find one who has experience with cyclists? I think it may be time for a fitting. Should I do it sooner or wait until my sore back feels better? It doesn't prevent me from riding but it does prevent me from riding hard.

Also, as far as fitters go, any reason I might choose best Edmonton Chiropractor Steve Carre over Nate Loyal.

Thanks.
Any help will be highly appreciated!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022
Visit site
Did your doctor diagnose any physical problem or injured tissue / muscle that a therapist should be concerned about?
Not visited any doctor or therapist yet. Last week, I watched few YT videos about it and according to those doctors, I should visit therapist to recover quickly.

Dec 1, 2022
Visit site

Also, as far as fitters go, any reason I might choose Physio In Home.

Thanks.
Thanks to all of you and especially those who recommended me a good physiotherapist in north and south Edmonton.