• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pick Your 2010 Tour de France Dream Podium

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pick your dream podium for the 2010 Tour de France!

• Other (Alexander Vinokourov, Robert Gesink, Romain Kreuziger, Samuel Sanchez, etc... Specify below!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

1. Sinkewitz
2. Ricco
3. Rasmussen

1. Sasquatch
2. Contador
3. A Schleck

1. M Rogers
2. A Valverde
3. A Contador

1. A Contador
2. A Valverde
3. L L Sanchez

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
First Poll:

1) Cadel Evans
2) Richie Porte (not racing?)
3) Michael Rogers

My Aussie-ness is starting to sway my opinion :-/. Unfortunately, we'd need two 50km time trials for this to occur, a huge drug bust "Puerto"-style and more than a few crashes on the cobbles... And a completely clean tour :D;)

Other one is le Tour de Dope

1) Armstrong
2) Contador
3) Cancellara

I've come to the realisation that I would be indifferent if Lance won. I mean, we all know whats going on after 200km on a mountain stage, and he's no worse than any of the other culprits (as i've said many times - i see no evidence to suggest Basso and Evans are dirty - hence they miss the podium against those beasts).. Gee that sounded like a defence of Lance, but if he wins this year, at least we know he will move on to Ironman one year quicker than expected!

My Tour de Time Trial:

1) Indurain
2) Ullrich (+1sec)
3) Cancellara (+2sec)

1. Larry
2. Moe
3. Curly

Although Curly can take a huge amount of pain and suffering, his weight will handicap him in the mountains. Moe is a brilliant tactician, but after half a season of hitting his teammates and poking their eyes, his team will pay him back by letting him down in a crucial situation. Larry will then take a quiet Sastre-like win.

Two months later, test results will reveal that Curly was using massive amounts of pain killers. His team will produce a TUE and several short movies that will conclusively prove his medical need for the medication.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It is sooo hard to do a Team Podium Sweep.

Johan Bruyneel has come close twice.
Last year Alberto pulled a ME ME ME. Otherwise it would have happened.

Maybe this year The Sweep?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
If we're going to be serious, the thing that makes to Tour de France so boring is its complete predictability.

There will be some chaos in the first week, when there will a lot of crashes in which some so-called contenders no-one ever really took seriously will be taken out. The major names will not be effected. A few unknowns (maybe even French ones!) will have their brief days of glory in the yellow jersey, without in anyway effecting the real overall. The flat, manageable stages will be won by Cavendish. Then the terrain will tilt up, and Contador will steadily take complete control of the race. Armstrong will try to take some kind of sleazy "psychological" control of the race (by lying), but it won't matter, because he doesn't have the legs. There will be a few attacks by Schleck or some other climber, but it won't matter, because Astana and AC will have the time-frame to win completely under control.

Yawn.

To make the Tour interesting, and to actually have an exciting race, the only thing I'd really, really like to see is someone--anyone--completely unexpected win the race. Basso. Gesink. Evans. Anyone. I don't care. Anyone who could change the script and force the contenders to take unexpected risks would change the dynamic and make the race actually worth watch.

Polish said:
It is sooo hard to do a Team Podium Sweep.

Johan Bruyneel has come close twice.
Last year Alberto pulled a ME ME ME. Otherwise it would have happened.

Maybe this year The Sweep?

Ok, i'm not trying to derail this conversation but Polish i need to ask you, if it has always been about getting as many on the podium as possible why in all those years that Lance won by being shepparded to the last 5km by spanish mountain goats did US Postal/Disco not try and give them a bit of free reign to get them on the podium????

Because it is NOT about getting more people on the podium it is about WINNING the bike race first and foremost. And if that means the Yellow jersey needs to take time or his partner blows a gasket, or he has to follow other riders attacks THEN SO BE IT! It is about the victory.

Back on topic........My dream podium would obviously have an Australian on the top step most likely Evans beating Contador and Schleck. Also i would like one of the domestiques that works all day everyday for their team leader to have a spell in yellow. Someone like a Slyvester Smzyd type rider.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
why in all those years that Lance won by being shepparded to the last 5km by spanish mountain goats did US Postal/Disco not try and give them a bit of free reign to get them on the podium????

Because it is NOT about getting more people on the podium it is about WINNING the bike race first and foremost.

Back on topic........My dream podium would obviously have an Australian on the top step most likely Evans beating Contador and Schleck. Also i would like one of the domestiques that works all day everyday for their team leader to have a spell in yellow. Someone like a Slyvester Smzyd type rider.

IMO Bruyneel became bored with the "we might as well win" and tried to move his game up a notch to "we might as well get a couple guys on the podium". Levi & Alberto in 2007. Lance & Alberto in 2009.

Very hard to do. LeMond & Hinault.

I think a Podium sweep is unprecedented?

Back on topic.....Homeboy brother Slyvester Smzyd in Żółta jersey would be great I agee+++

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
My Dream 3 Would Be;
1st=Gesink
2nd=Moncoutie
3rd=Renshaw(He would need to get in a winning breakaway and gain at least 55 mins+)
But Realisticly only Gesink has a real chance...........
Latntern Rouge=Van Den Breakaway.....
Why Gesink? He's dutch and knocks our cadel into barriers!
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Ullrich
Gesink
Timmy-loves-rabo

TLR's hope for Laterne Rouge: Auscyclefan94.

My hope for the next 3 tours
2010:ACF94 rides tempo for cadel until the bottom of the tourmalet and wins by 10 mins and wins overall.
2011:Cadel pulls for ACF94 and unleashes ACF94 on the bottom of alpe d huez after a little rope-a-dope! - Wins overall!
2012: Cadel and ACF94 give competition 30 minutes head start and take 2 minutes on the CHamps elysees to take the reamining time to win the tour, by ACF94 and Cadel going alone together on the Champs elysees and that would be the end to an illustrious end to two of the greats of cycling.

I better start training then.

Dream?

1. Kreuziger
2. Voigt
3. Cancellara
4. Gerrans
5. F. Schleck
6. A. Schleck
7. P. Velits
8. Szmyd
9. Stybar
10. Rabon

KOM: Txurruka
Green: P. Sagan
White: Kreuziger
Combativeness: Roche
Lanterne Rouge: Contador, Armstrong or Vinokourov :cool:

auscyclefan94 said:
Why Gesink? He's dutch and knocks our cadel into barriers!

TLR's hope for Laterne Rouge: Auscyclefan94.

My hope for the next 3 tours
2010:ACF94 rides tempo for cadel until the bottom of the tourmalet and wins by 10 mins and wins overall.
2011:Cadel pulls for ACF94 and unleashes ACF94 on the bottom of alpe d huez after a little rope-a-dope! - Wins overall!
2012: Cadel and ACF94 give competition 30 minutes head start and take 2 minutes on the CHamps elysees to take the reamining time to win the tour, by ACF94 and Cadel going alone together on the Champs elysees and that would be the end to an illustrious end to two of the greats of cycling.

I better start training then.

Why do I get the impression that, for you, this stuff belongs in the 'erotic fiction' section?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Why do I get the impression that, for you, this stuff belongs in the 'erotic fiction' section?

Well there is no section for that in here and I have to let you know of my dreams. Though soon they will become reality!

auscyclefan94 said:
Well there is no section for that in here and I have to let you know of my dreams. Though soon they will become reality!

You almost should write it up, the victory salutes, where the race routes go, the whole season, and market it as a piece of erotic fiction. Then see how many such websites you get rejected by as they go 'wtf'.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

None of which is going to happen because the gendarmes would immediately arrest you for violating your "no contact" order with Cadel Evans. You would be deported but at least you would still make the front page of L' Equipe.

My podium:
1. Ulle. Jan is still the man.
2. Vino. What he would have to do to get there would be entertaining.
3. Wiggins. Just to see this forum implode.
4. Liz Hatch. Presenting the jerseys wearing only bib shorts.

TRENDING THREADS