• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pick Your 2010 Tour de France Dream Podium

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pick your dream podium for the 2010 Tour de France!

• Other (Alexander Vinokourov, Robert Gesink, Romain Kreuziger, Samuel Sanchez, etc... Specify below!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Silly season starts..NOW

pedaling squares said:
None of which is going to happen because the gendarmes would immediately arrest you for violating your "no contact" order with Cadel Evans. You would be deported but at least you would still make the front page of L' Equipe.

Oh wow, if I had been drinking when I read that, I would've spewed all over my computer! I'm laughing just writing this.

Dream podium:

1. Tommy V after successful suicide break that wins by 30 min. Give Bernard another French winner to trade stories with
2. Evans (+ mtn jersey) because I want to see WC stripes on podium and he's the best chance for forseeable future
3. Thor..gets in break with Tommy after Cav makes disparaging remark about Thor only racing little races

Green jersey...3 way shootout between Friere, Boonen and Thor
White Jersey..Sagan

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
You almost should write it up, the victory salutes, where the race routes go, the whole season, and market it as a piece of erotic fiction. Then see how many such websites you get rejected by as they go 'wtf'.

The rejecters and haters have not learned God yet! I think my writings would be best sellers!

I guess it is a pityi that Cadel won't be able to kick Piti's ****!

That's why you are so depressed.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cadel For the bad rap last year and his loss with all the tenacity he showed in the Giro
Andy and
Brother Frank
Just for proof there is no stronger bond then family and blood!
Plus a stage win for Big George.

auscyclefan94 said:
The rejecters and haters have not learned God yet! I think my writings would be best sellers!

I guess it is a pityi that Cadel won't be able to kick Piti's ****!

That's why you are so depressed.

The problem is, the ones who keep the faith aren't the ones who make decisions over what gets published in erotic fiction, because erotic fiction is for the godless!

Au contraire, if Cadel beats Piti I'll give him kudos for it. I won't be happy, but he's got more chance of doing it now. I think Piti did an amazing job on the Col de la Madeleine just to keep his bike moving and not fall over in abject shock at Evans attacking more than once (in the past it's been 'go once, give up'), so I think you owe Valverde a bit of respect ;)

You'd best steer clear of the crazy predictions thread if you want to stay on speaking terms with me, mind :D

auscyclefan94 said:
Why Gesink? He's dutch and knocks our cadel into barriers!

TLR's hope for Laterne Rouge: Auscyclefan94.

My hope for the next 3 tours
2010:ACF94 rides tempo for cadel until the bottom of the tourmalet and wins by 10 mins and wins overall.
2011:Cadel pulls for ACF94 and unleashes ACF94 on the bottom of alpe d huez after a little rope-a-dope! - Wins overall!
2012: Cadel and ACF94 give competition 30 minutes head start and take 2 minutes on the CHamps elysees to take the reamining time to win the tour, by ACF94 and Cadel going alone together on the Champs elysees and that would be the end to an illustrious end to two of the greats of cycling.

I better start training then.
In regaurds to Gesink?Even though i live in Australia,i have also lived in the Netherlands so i have a soft spot for them....but the Danes will beat them in the world cup opener......sorry for going off topic..

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
In regaurds to Gesink?Even though i live in Australia,i have also lived in the Netherlands so i have a soft spot for them....but the Danes will beat them in the world cup opener......sorry for going off topic..

you base this theory on...?

btw wrong thread
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=7972

...not that I think were a shoe in to beat the danes, but I think it would be a HUGE upset if we lost, or were even kept to a draw. I'm pretty sure we'll win with little trouble... 2 more sleeps :D

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
1st. Christian Vande Velde

2nd. Tommy Danielson

3rd. David Zabriskie

Full Garmin Sweep of the TdF podium. Zabriskie gains climbing legs, Danielson finally becomes Armstrong's heir and Christian smashes everyone to pieces in the TT's and mountains after breaking collarbone at the Giro

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
goldcycle26 said:
1st. Christian Vande Velde

2nd. Tommy Danielson

3rd. David Zabriskie

Full Garmin Sweep of the TdF podium. Zabriskie gains climbing legs, Danielson finally becomes Armstrong's heir and Christian smashes everyone to pieces in the TT's and mountains after breaking collarbone at the Giro

All American Sweep.

1. Vandevelde
2. Armstrong
3. Other American (Levi, Tejay, Big George)

Green: Farrar
White: Tejay

Lots of different stage winners from other countries: Casar, Brako, Sammy S., Mick Rogers, Canc, Wiggo.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Wallace said:
If we're going to be serious, the thing that makes to Tour de France so boring is its complete predictability.

There will be some chaos in the first week, when there will a lot of crashes in which some so-called contenders no-one ever really took seriously will be taken out. The major names will not be effected. A few unknowns (maybe even French ones!) will have their brief days of glory in the yellow jersey, without in anyway effecting the real overall. The flat, manageable stages will be won by Cavendish. Then the terrain will tilt up, and Contador will steadily take complete control of the race. Armstrong will try to take some kind of sleazy "psychological" control of the race (by lying), but it won't matter, because he doesn't have the legs. There will be a few attacks by Schleck or some other climber, but it won't matter, because Astana and AC will have the time-frame to win completely under control.

Yawn.

To make the Tour interesting, and to actually have an exciting race, the only thing I'd really, really like to see is someone--anyone--completely unexpected win the race. Basso. Gesink. Evans. Anyone. I don't care. Anyone who could change the script and force the contenders to take unexpected risks would change the dynamic and make the race actually worth watch.
Perfect prediction Basso looked good in the giro and might surprise people.Although two grand tour wins in a year at 33 is a big ask.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
"Kim Andersen told me... Saxo Bank won't send a team to the Critérium... I told him... I'll just go by myself... Jens Voigt

Nice story. But is it true he said that? :)

pedaling squares said:
... 4. Liz Hatch. Presenting the jerseys wearing only bib shorts.

What a great topic for another thread! Pick your dream podium girl! Great suggestion! At least the part about wearing only bib shorts! The sad thing is I have no idea who Liz Hatch is! :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
manolo said:
Nice story. But is it true he said that? :)

Yeah I saw him say it in an interview on France 2 after the opening TT of this year's Paris-Nice, when they asked him how he felt about the new course of the Critérium International. He meant it as a joke though

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The way i see it is a radioshack podium.

1. Lance
2. Kloden
3 Leipheimer

And a few of the other riders on the team in the Top 10.

Radioshack just look to be unstoppable and are clearly the best team going to the tour. I would have put contador in at 3 but astana is way too weak this year and without bruyneel albertos program will be way off.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:
The way i see it is a radioshack podium.

1. Lance
2. Kloden
3 Leipheimer

And a few of the other riders on the team in the Top 10.

Radioshack just look to be unstoppable and are clearly the best team going to the tour. I would have put contador in at 3 but astana is way too weak this year and without bruyneel albertos program will be way off.

Oh boy the Lance fan club is back. This is one of the most idiotic comments I have seen posted in a while.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
you base this theory on...?

btw wrong thread
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=7972

...not that I think were a shoe in to beat the danes, but I think it would be a HUGE upset if we lost, or were even kept to a draw. I'm pretty sure we'll win with little trouble... 2 more sleeps :D

World Cup...wake me up when it finishes! Go the Danes but even Australia beat them so they have no hope if the can't beat us.

Wish top3:
1. Gesink
2.Menchov
3.Evans

Realistic:
1. Contador (easy i'm afraid)
2. A Schleck
3. could be anyone. Hoping for Gesink.

p.s. stage 16 is ridiculous. Start with great mountains and then after the aubisque downhill and flat for 60km... Why the hell add those mountains? :/

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
... I saw him [Jens Voight] say it in an interview on France 2 ... when they asked him how he felt about the new course of the Critérium International...

That's pretty cool! Thanks! That was a pretty nasty crash he had last year! I hope he comes back swinging! :)

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Dream team

Did I read DREAM Podium???

1.Eddy Merckx
2.Eddy Merckx
3.Eddy Merckx

3 Cloned Eddys going Head to Head :D

Greg Lemond and some others can try to keep up.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Wish top 3 (in no particular order):
- Evans
- Andy
- Dodger

If someone from the Shack does get up, prefer Janez or Chris - only cos I want to see some new blood coming through, and these two i like. Wish I could say Haimar, good rider and a cool name, hah.

Speaking of cool, you can't get cooler than Jens can you. Dream podium now has Andy getting held up behind a crash, Jens in yellow early, and Andy riding super-domestique to get him on the podium, lmao!

May 5, 2009
Visit site
manolo said:
My favorites:

1. Samuel Sanchez
2. Alejandro Valverde : )
3. Andreas Kloden
4. Yaroslav Popovych
5. Oscar Pereiro
6. Chris Horner
7. Cadel Evans
8. Alexander Vinokoruov