• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pierre Rolland

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Shame he won't make it to the podium.

He is such an aggressive rider with such a smooth style. Imo he was by far the most aggressive rider of the giro. 3( or was it 2?) long range attacks and the first of the favourites to attack on montecampione and yesterday iirc.

Climbed a bunch of positions since the mountain started and fully deserves whatever he gets and then some.

Really needs to work on his itt tho :eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I swear if he makes a serious move before Zoncolan (Pura or Razzo) I will take avatar with his photo as a symbol of admiration for whole 1 day:D(I cant more cuz sunday evening there will be a pic Nairo holding giro trophy with his name on it:))
It would be a huge suprise for me if any rider from top10 would make a move before Zoncolan,that would be very special!

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Michele said:
Will Pierre keep riding like he did until today and risk everything, or will he just be glad to finish safely in 4th position?

The route would suit perfectly a mad attack! :p

Would be nice, but I think like all the others, he is fried... And now he has much to lose : he is only 27 still and his best results in GTs are 11th and 8th. A top5 finish has real value for him and his team...

My bet is this time he just stays wisely with the others and goes along... But boy would I love to see him go all De Gendt 2012 !

veji11 said:
Would be nice, but I think like all the others, he is fried... And now he has much to lose : he is only 27 still and his best results in GTs are 11th and 8th. A top5 finish has real value for him and his team...

My bet is this time he just stays wisely with the others and goes along... But boy would I love to see him go all De Gendt 2012 !

His team has nothing to lose, Europcar is safe when it comes to the Tour de France and all the other French races, until this Giro they've never done anything big in any other GT.
They even prefer being a Pro Continental team, when they can safely produce more good French riders without being obligated to go to all of the WT races,

Alpe d'Huez 2011
Tour-de-France-Rolland-dernier-vainqueur-a-l-Alpe-d-Huez_reference.jpg

La Toussuire 2012
tour-de-france-etape-19-albertville-saint-gervais-146-km_4.jpg

Canazei 2017
sptdw50065_670.jpg

Great fortitude shown by Mr. Rolland, today. The French commentators on my streaming feed were going berserk, rightly so. It has been a nice month for Cannondale-Drapac, with Talansky winning on Mt. Baldy in the TOC, and now this for Pierre. Young Formolo is riding well, too.