• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll for a seperate Lance Armstrong section on forum

Should there be a seperate Armstrong forum?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am so sick of the troll that I am now in favor of having a seperate Lance Armstrong section on the forum. Since that is all the troll talks about it will isolate the troll and any of you who want to play with the troll can go in there and get in the mud with it. Discuss.

A

Anonymous

To be fair, I've seen RaceRadio comment on other topics. He doesn't just troll the Armstrong threads. Setting up a special forum seems a little over the top.

Great White said:
To be fair, I've seen RaceRadio comment on other topics. He doesn't just troll the Armstrong threads. Setting up a special forum seems a little over the top.

RaceRadio is not a troll, he's a valued member of this forum whose cycling knowledge dwarfs your feeble mind.

However, as we can all see that the troll is (of course) against this proposal, I hope that this will sway many of your opinions toward creating this subforum.

It is a shame that the moderators are unable to enforce their ban against this troll, but as he is apparently able to continue to obtain new IP addresses I propose that more drastic actions such as the creation of this subforum be considered.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
No way one man should get their own section on this forum, no matter who their name is. Sorry. I understand LA is a very contentious subject, but please use your best discretion when posting.

Thanks,

RDV4ROUBAIX

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
No way one man should get their own section on this forum, no matter who their name is. Sorry. I understand LA is a very contentious subject, but please use your best discretion when posting.

Thanks,

RDV4ROUBAIX

Agreed. As much as Arbiter/BanProCycling/BritishProCycling/Little White might try to highjack every thread with stories of miracles it would only play into his need for attention if this was done.

I think we can all agree that there is a simple solution to this issue.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
I am so sick of the troll that I am now in favor of having a seperate Lance Armstrong section on the forum. Since that is all the troll talks about it will isolate the troll and any of you who want to play with the troll can go in there and get in the mud with it. Discuss.
All for it. What I don't get with all these Sir Dopealot threads is why people can't resist feeding the troll. The damn thing just gets fatter on all the trollbait. If you don't feed, it don't breed.

RDV4ROUBAIX said:

Thanks,

RDV4ROUBAIX

Exactly. Plus it would give all sorts of trouble to you mods that really isn't needed.

People should just put the Great White Dope and his next incarnations on ignore, stop responding to him and stop quoting him since he is allowed to stay at the moment.

RDV4ROUBAIX said:

Thanks,

RDV4ROUBAIX

That makes perfect sense actually; when you put it that way I agree. Posters will merely have to use their own self discipline to avoid contentious flame wars and use their ignore lists.

Besides, I think we can all agree that if one man were to be given their own seperate section it would have to be the best Classics riders of all time, De Vlaeminck. :D

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
BikeCentric said:
Besides, I think we can all agree that if one man were to be given their own seperate section it would have to be the best Classics riders of all time, De Vlaeminck. :D

I have my own section already, in analog form......;)

pr_01_2.jpg

May 8, 2009
Visit site
US Patent Exploding Cyclist said:
I think you can set up a "Lance Doping" specific forum in the Clinic. Most of the annoyance is when people bicker back and forth as to whether or not Lance doped.

Or argue about who is a troll: "You are a troll," "no, you are a troll," "no, you are a troll," "I know you are but what am I?", "I'm rubber and your glue, its bounces off me and sticks to you!"

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Lance tirebiters

I think that there should be a Lance forum.

PS: Lance has been spotted getting a transfussion at the bottom of meteor crater Arizona. Spotted by predator drone.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Agreed. As much as Arbiter/BanProCycling/BritishProCycling/Little White might try to highjack every thread with stories of miracles it would only play into his need for attention if this was done.

I think we can all agree that there is a simple solution to this issue.

I'll add to your list, Great WHite, Hombre el Asso (just been banned), Earth tribe and Max power.

As much as I hate the Lance trolling setting a Lance area won't solve the problem. LA seems to have an influence in nearley every thread of the forum if it's to do with LA V Contador or Lance's doping etc. People will still talk about him in the clinic even though hypothetically there was a LA forum area.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I'll add to your list, Great WHite, Hombre el Asso (just been banned), Earth tribe and Max power.

As much as I hate the Lance trolling setting a Lance area won't solve the problem. LA seems to have an influence in nearley every thread of the forum if it's to do with LA V Contador or Lance's doping etc. People will still talk about him in the clinic even though hypothetically there was a LA forum area.

Great white/Earth Tribe/Max Power as well as the various BPC entities are all the same person. He must be close to 10 usernames by now

The reality is the issue is not Armstrong but one troll who only goal is to disrupt threads.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Great white/Earth Tribe/Max Power as well as the various BPC entities are all the same person. He must be close to 10 usernames by now

The reality is the issue is not Armstrong but one troll who only goal is to disrupt threads.

Don't worry CN know about it,
I got a post from Susan as I was not happy about the Idiot (singular) Hombre el Asso as hew was continaully posting private messages to me saying Shack Attack and saying quit whinging.
Susan has replied to me:

Just wanted to let you know we have thrown him out. Don't know how long it will last though, as he seems to use multiple names.

Susan

Someone please tell me why he keeps coming back for more.

A

Anonymous

NO.. yes there are a thousand and one lance threads, and there will no doubt be more come the summer...

but the whole point is, no man is bigger than the sport.. and there is no way we can give one rider, a seperate section..

if we do that we may as well just give in now and all buy RS shirts..

i do have one question.. is wearing both a livestrong band and a bike pure band ironic?

Yes only if it's at the bottom of the forum index and every single post which referrs to lance is dumped there.

However, clearly the logical answer is no.

btw yesterday the local rag referred to his majesty as "the greatest cyclist ever"... grrr

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
No, I don't want to see a LA section of the CN forum. But I know why you are frustrated and understand your point completely. As others have written, it's up to all of us to ignore trolling and manipulation of threads.

What we really need is a Bradley Wiggins section. A few days ago the front page of the Pro Racing forum had such diverse threads as: Wiggins Drama Ending?, Wiggins to Sky, Wiggo at the 2010 Tour, Wiggins to win le Tour?, Wiggins wears an ascot, Wiggins is a mod, and Wiggins ate Weetabix this morning. Does the guy think he's Lance Armstrong?!

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
I thought they already had a Lance Armstrong Forum. It's called the Clinic. Most of the commentary that I have read in that forum is negative not against him only, but in general. Don't read it any more. Boring! Tedious. Same thing over and over.

TRENDING THREADS