• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll: Ullrich vs Schleck

Who will finish second more often in the tour?

• Ullrich

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
funilly enough i think there both underachievers.

But man, dope or no dope, regardless of results, ullrich was all class :cool: schleck can go suck a lemon.

Agreed

Although CAS may remove much of his work

jordan5000 said:
Who will finish with more second places in the tour Andy (3) or Ullrich (5)?

I thought the question was going to be "Who would win a TT? An Ullrich that hasn't raced in over 5 years vs. an in shape Andy?" ;)

But to answer the actual question, I don't think that Andy will end up with any more than 4 seconds, and that he will win the TDF one day.

I don't see Andy winning a Tour. Last year was his opportunity, but he wasn't good enough. He also didn't seem to have the form he had in 2010.

Now that the TdF returned to more TT kilometres he won't have a chance to win it. He could give it 1 more shot, but I would really suggest him to ride the Giro. A race he could win multiple times if he focused on it.
What's better? 5 2nd places in the TdF or 2 Giro wins? I'd go with winning the Giro.

jordan5000 said:
Who will finish with more second places in the tour Andy (3) or Ullrich (5)?

Ullrich probably. I could be wrong, but I don't think the TDF will go back to just one long-ish individual time trial in the foreseeable future.

Not next year, obviously, and not in the centenary edition, either. It wouldn't make sense. By 2014 there will be other GC riders to worry about.

A

Anonymous

Rather than who will get the most seconds, how about a straight who will win the most Tour de France's..

In that case, I vote Ullrich.

I'm baffled that people are writing Schleck off at 26 and saying he'll never win a TdF. Armstrong and Indurain were both younger when they won their first, not to mention Sastre, Evans and Pantani, and that's just recent winners.

Assuming Contador wins his case, I can't think of anybody else other than him who's more likely to win a Tour in the future.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
What about Contador's past and future results?

lol.. the difference is that contador showed who the boss was/is. it's him. no riis no hog. you can't compare the "most talented guy to ever ride a bike", a guy with heart and passion for our sport, with that spoiled brat.

what are you on?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
c&cfan said:
lol.. the difference is that contador showed who the boss was/is. it's him. no riis no hog. you can't compare the "most talented guy to ever ride a bike", a guy with heart and passion for our sport, with that spoiled brat.

what are you on?

All this is completely beside the point. The way I understood it, people will disregard Andy's results from now on because riding with Bruyneel implies "cheating" (to stay in the appropriate semantic field for this subforum). If riding with Bruyneel implies cheating, then the same must apply to Contador. Following your logic, cheating is OK for the "boss" (coincidentally LA's nickname), "the most talented guy to ever ride a bike", but not for spoiled brats.

c&cfan said:

what are you on?

The best post I ever read here.. (exclude the hitch introduction of some races, that are fantastic too).

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
So it's OK to cheat as long as you don't have to :confused:

I think TSF is saying that JB did not have Contador best interest at heart re race results when he was racing with Astana.

As for Contador - the whole CAS hearing does enough the question the cleanest of his results if associated with JB or not.

and PS c&c fan Contador is not the greatest/talented rider ever there is only 1 and he is from Belgium

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
What about Contador's past and future results?

He's clearly the classiest rider out there. I never said he's squeaky clean but maybe he is. Who knows.

Watching the shack riders in time trials is kind of amusing though, entering the world of fantasy.