• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll. What gap does Andy Schleck need over Alberto Contador going into the final tt.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How much time does Schleck need going into the final tt, to win in paris.

• He will beat contador in the time trial.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

Angliru said:
I'm curious as to where this continued implication of Contador not being very smart or tactically inept originates with Andy Schleck being the superior tactical rider. Was it not Andy who drifted back to the team car for fuel and hydration in the midst of the penultimate climb of a stage this year while he had a C.A. Sorenson still in the pack? Didn't Contador win the Giro with less preparation than his competition which I would think involve a certain level of smarts? Didn't he come close to winning Fleche Wallone in his first serious stab at it?

I think there is this misbegotten belief that Contador gets by on talent alone as if he's this village idiot who happens to be some type of cycling savant. For me, it gets to be annoying but I guess people will post whatever they want regardless of how ridiculous it is.

If you are referring to me then you may have missed my point. I'm not saying AC made a tactical mistake, I'm arguing he was going as hard as he could up the Bales.

Also, I could be dead wrong. :)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Let the games begin

With Tourmalet being effectively neutralised it is now down to the time trial and to my mind Schleck would need to gap Contador by at least 1 minute 30 going by previous time trial results between both of them.

A tall order considering Contadors much improved TT ability.

TRENDING THREADS