• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll: Where will Richie Porte finish on GC?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Poll: Where will Richie Porte finish on GC?

• Outside the Top 10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He was evens for the podium after stage 8 - To LAY on betfair :O (Which would have hedged my 100-1 E/W bet nicely)

Should have taken advantage but I thought nah 'Little Richie' is invincible !
I suppose it just goes to show NOTHING IS CERTAIN !:eek:

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There is something i dont understand

Porte was -11 mins at the top of the last climb

How can you go from -11 mins to -18mins on a 25km descent ?!

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
My prediction is 11th. 21 mins down on Froome.

Entirely consistent with this: :D

darwin553 said:
I'm afraid outside the top 10 for me. He has to sacrifice himself for the good of Froome but come other years when he is a leader of a team (which he could be for almost any other team at the TDF) he will be a contender for GC.

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
EnacheV said:
There is something i dont understand

Porte was -11 mins at the top of the last climb

How can you go from -11 mins to -18mins on a 25km descent ?!

If you've already lost 11 minutes there's no point in trying to just lose 11 minutes. It's better to take your tempo and save yourself for later when your captai will need you.

hoerpi said:
If you've already lost 11 minutes there's no point in trying to just lose 11 minutes. It's better to take your tempo and save yourself for later when your captai will need you.

Yes, what was the rush, his podium chances were already gone. Why kill himself after he had already suffered so much. I thought Porte might take it easy in the TT but it sounds like he wants to test himself as he has been trying a new position on his TT bike. Could be interesting to see the result.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Poor descender, like Pinot.

Lol, he's not bad, and not anywhere bad as Pinot...

On stage 8 he kept up easily on descent.

There was no point going full out, as he knew obviously he lost his chances anyway.