• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Popovych testifies

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Bilirubin said:
A note of caution.

These searches happen quite regularly in Italy but come to nothing.

Burried at the height of Contador scandal, this story appeared on cycling news about Riccardo Riccò.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riccos-house-searched-as-part-of-doping-investigation

Substances were also said to be taken from his house. I think they just clear out the bathroom cabinet for tests.
The raid is reported all over, but when none of the items taken are illegal you hear nothing, the story just dies a natural death. One only hears more if there is something out of order discovered.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I think this story is intriguing because of the possibilities, not because of the scant details. It's a fact that Popovych was subpoenaed for and testified to the grand jury. The serving of the subpoena was kind of dramatic. Then there was the rumor that Novitsky was getting ready to head to Europe. So even though there might not be any connection between those events, and I haven't seen the Novitsky thing confirmed, trying to make a connection between things gives me a glimmer of hope that the investigation is going well, and that we'll see similar stories around Europe.

On a slightly different topic, weren't there still unnamed pro cyclists who were persons of interest in the Cobra Red thing? I didn't know until today that Popo lived in Tuscany, but could he maybe have been a customer of Ricco's inlaws?

Polish said:
It appears the WITCH HUNT has gone Global.
What next, they will be targeting extraterrestials?

You think they're going to bring down Ivan Basso next?

Polish said:
And if the they DO find something, anything, - it only means imo that it was planted while Popo was in the USA raising money for Survivors.

Yes, you may be onto something... maybe it was, in fact, extraterrestrials that planted everything (both incriminating and non-incriminating items) in popo's home. This investigation needs to take into account galactic ramifications. Join me in my hut that I built to protect me from government spies, we'll wear our tinfoil hats together.

Darryl Webster said:
Forensic exemination of hard drives means complete " removal" of "removed" information is far more difficult than many imagine. You realy have to know what your doing to remove all trace.
+1

It is almost impossible. It is like a DNA.

I learned about this when The Colombian army caught computers of recently killed "guerrillas" and they were sent to the Interpol to be examined. The information can not be modified. Even if you try to erase it is still there.

Problems for Popo.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
+1

I learned about this when The Colombian army caught computers of recently killed "guerrillas" and they were sent to the Interpol to be examined. The information can not be modified. Even if you try to erase it is still there.

Problems for Popo.[/QUOTE]

Problems too for the folks he associates with. Wonder how many items will provide evidence that will result in subpoenas in Texasland? Hard to imagine there would be absolutely nothing.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
+1

Problems for Popo.
What makes you guys think there is anything to be found on there? It's weird how these things evolve from nothing.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Why do you think there isn't?
I posted earlier about waiting to see what they got. That's not exactly declaring anything.

You'se however got it figured the guy is in serious trouble based on nothing.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ultimobici said:
The raid is reported all over, but when none of the items taken are illegal you hear nothing, the story just dies a natural death. One only hears more if there is something out of order discovered.

Most time the drug raiders find nothing but scrapbooks and showtune collections. I have 10 or fifteen scrapbooks on fashions from the 60s, raiders bring it on! I have some excellent showtunes from the 60s on LP simply magnificant in cherry conditons.

TRENDING THREADS